Last movie you saw?

Need for Speed

god, what a piece of... i'm not even gonna say it. if you're not into cars... well, you wouldn't watch it. but if you are, it's just... nah, im baffled. the whole movie doesn't make any sense and the horrible kit cars they used for the stunts are just way too obviously fake. doesn't deserve imdb's 7.0 rating, for me it's much closer to a 4.0 and that's just because i think imogen poots is kinda cute

So. Effing. Hilarious.

It was worth it just for the re-riff of "A Case of Spring Fever" starring Coily, the Spring Sprite.

image.axd

George Clooney has literally a 1.5 second nonspeaking cameo basically as 'man in hotel'.
Clooney was hanging around Babelsberg preparing the "Monuments Men" shoot (that shares a bunch of cast and crew with "Grand Budapest Hotel") anyways and dropped in at the soundstage to film the cameo in what basically was an extended coffee break.

Saw Grand Budapest Hotel, its one of those movies you dont know why you like it but you do, its a bit incoherent at times but it works and I liked the visuals. I had hoped for a more fleshed out ending, but still a very enjoyable movie.

Finally got around to seeing Edge of Tomorrow. I went in with no expectations and ended up liking it a lot!

Clooney was hanging around Babelsberg preparing the "Monuments Men" shoot (that shares a bunch of cast and crew with "Grand Budapest Hotel") anyways and dropped in at the soundstage to film the cameo in what basically was an extended coffee break.

Well that just makes me love the movie even more. That spontaneity is so charming.

saw Dawn of the Planet of the Apes this evening, would say it's as good as if not better than Rise. Different sort of film though with the story progressing. one thing is for sure Andy Serkis needs to start getting nominated for some awards, we're in the 21st century, acting can take on a different form.
8/10

Echoing jpmfan. Saw it last weekend, and was blown away. It was absolutely brilliant, and would highly recommend it to everyone. I hadn't seen Rise until a few days before I saw Dawn, so watching the two so close to each other made the experience all the better for me. The acting and the CG were both phenomenal

The Impossible

Bored me to tears and quite how it is rated at 7.6/10 on IMDB is beyond me.

And onwards;
Grand Budapest Hotel

All I can say for this one is cameo, cameo, cameo. One of the reasons this film works so well I think is that almost every single character is someone ridiculously famous, but it doesn't make a big deal about it. To put it into context; George Clooney has literally a 1.5 second nonspeaking cameo basically as 'man in hotel'. But who cares? Look at the cast list for a better idea;

View attachment 13643

Exceptionally well filmed; the best style of filmaking I've seen in a hell of a long while (and the best method of differentiating time zones I've ever seen) and even a brilliantly gripping storyline. Even though its stupid. But again, who cares? This isn't a blockbuster; nor does it even know what a blockbuster is. Its perfect. 10/10.

I will certainly be watching more Wes Anderson films. Soon.

I saw that yesterday on a plane, and only knew that it was worth watching following the discussion here (so thanks everyone who mention it).

I really liked it :)

Saw two Tom Cruise movies recently.

End of tomorrow - overall pretty good and the scifi riffs on Groundhog Day (and all the jokes that go with it) was enjoyable. I wad annoyed with the ending tho.

Jack Reacher - totally different from what I expected. All the trailers make it loom like some Bourne type ass kickery action film and it's more a police procedural with some action scenes. It was alright until the last act which I felt was so so. And upon further reflection, the script dialogue was pretty awful, especially Rosamund Pike's lines. I know she's a good actress based on other films but her lines were awful here.

Lucy. WTF did I watch.

The trailers here depict it as an action movie. It's not. It starts off with shitty pseudoscience and keeps using it in worse and worse ways as Lucy develops inconsistent powers with the ultimate goal of....? I'm not sure what was achieved in the end.

Agreed, it was a bit random and non-sensical. And because it was a Luc Besson movie there was bound to be a car chase involving the French police for no reason whatsoever.

Very disappointing overall, except for the audio. I saw it in a theater with the new Dolby ATMOS technology and it was quite impressive!

First time I saw the trailer for Lucy, I thought it was a joke. One of those fake trailers making fun of scifi action hollywood movies.

First time I saw the trailer for Lucy, I thought it was a joke. One of those fake trailers making fun of scifi action hollywood movies.

Me too, mostly because the whole "we humans use only 10% of our brains" myth was busted a long ass time ago... I never thought anyone would use it as a plot point again.

Me too, mostly because the whole "we humans use only 10% of our brains" myth was busted a long ass time ago... I never thought anyone would use it as a plot point again.

Not exactly. We only use 10% of our brains while watching dumbass movies such as that which is why they are a guilty pleasure for many, me included.

Lucy. WTF did I watch.

The trailers here depict it as an action movie. It's not. It starts off with shitty pseudoscience and keeps using it in worse and worse ways as Lucy develops inconsistent powers with the ultimate goal of....? I'm not sure what was achieved in the end.

Sounds like a movie to watch after a stressful week.

It sounds like a move that needs little to no brain power to watch and understand.

Downloaded "Sharknado 2". Hope I'll find time for that soon.

Is it any better or worse than Sharktopuss vs Pteracudda?