Last movie you saw?

Guardians of the Galaxy

Now I seem to be the only person in the world who does not think this is the single greatest Movie of all times ... but I don?t think it?s bad. It just did not work so well for me in a couple of ways. I found the characters and their relations and motivations not really relatable. At some point they must have had the decision in some meeting whether to have better Characterisations of the Protagonists - or more "I am Groot" lines. And IMO , they chose the wrong path.
That was actually the thing I liked most about Guardians. All the main characters are essentially bad guys, in a sense, and they spend almost the whole movie trying to save their own asses and get rich.

-spoilered for minor spoilers-
Even towards the end when it becomes obvious that the entire universe might be in danger, it was only Peter who felt like doing something about it and his reasons were just that he was "one of the idiots that lives" in the universe. Nothing altruistic about saving innocent lives or "think of the children"! Their actions were almost entirely self centered, except that they became friends and developed a loyalty to each other.
For me it was perfect, since we already have The Avengers if we want more traditional hero types. Guardians was a nice change of pace from that.

That was actually the thing I liked most about Guardians. All the main characters are essentially bad guys, in a sense, and they spend almost the whole movie trying to save their own asses and get rich.

-spoilered for minor spoilers-
Even towards the end when it becomes obvious that the entire universe might be in danger, it was only Peter who felt like doing something about it and his reasons were just that he was "one of the idiots that lives" in the universe. Nothing altruistic about saving innocent lives or "think of the children"! Their actions were almost entirely self centered, except that they became friends and developed a loyalty to each other.
For me it was perfect, since we already have The Avengers if we want more traditional hero types. Guardians was a nice change of pace from that.

I got all that, but it still did not work well for me. Dunno if it is because I don?t know the comics and I?m not familiar with these people ... or I?m just being overly critical. But (again) for me, bottom line is that this is an area I think they should have spend more time with ...

Also while I?m at it ...

The amazing Spider-man 2

I like Andrew Garfield a whole lot better as Spider-man than Toby whatshisname. But no, this was not a good movie. It?s not as bad as Spider-Man 3, but Electro turned out sooooo awful, you?re remined of Arnold Schwarzenegger as Mr. Freeze in Batman Forever. Only that Mr. Freeze has a more solid backstory/motivation, is less pathetic and was acted better ...
And what do you have when you take away the villian from a super-hero movie? You end up with a movie about two teenagers being confused and stupid about their on-off relationship, their future and their families. No thanks. Yeah, the whole Harry Osboure plot also falls flat. Don?t get me wrong - I like it when a movie (or medium generally) takes a story and then does something different with it ... but then it should be good, and this just isn?t.

5/10

Last edited:
Dam looks like I was the only one to really enjoy the lastest spidey film.

edit: and I had shitty front row seats as well

The Rock

Maybe the last good Bay film?

Rating 9.5/10

Last edited:
The Rock

Maybe the last good Bay film?

Rating 9.5/10

I hate him for what he has done with Transformers and generally I think that the best things that he's achieved as a director are the Victoria's Secret commercials but surprisingly Pain and Gain was very entertaining for me.
Recently I've seen Edge of Tomorrow and it was way better that I was expecting.
I would give it a strong 7 :)
And Emily Blunt ... :heart:

Last edited:
Transformers 4

Now, I know Transformers isn't known for Oscar winning actors, but fuck me, these guys are dreadful. The girl is even worse than Rosie Cunt-Chops.
It's boring, even Optimus riding a T-Rex isn't as great as it should be.

The noise Stinger makes when he's driving is incredible. Might just be the normal Huayra noise?

Also fuck off, Megatron is dead, downloading his thoughts is stupid.

It didn't feel very Bay. :(

Rating 3/10

Transformers 4: Age of Extinction

9 out of fucking 10. Hilarious and badass (as per usual). Only reason I didn't give it 10 is because some of the hokey moments....and, I was hoping Prime would have been more indiscriminately brutal and go on a killing spree. Maybe on the next one. :D

Edge of Tomorrow, 8/10

It's a decent movie, Cruise tends to do well with these sci fi ones, liked Oblivion as well.

Apart from the one or two impossibilities with the main theme which they didnt seem to notice while writing the dialogue, i liked it a lot.

What's to love about the ending? 1 second of Rhino? 2 minutes of Goblin?

Going into the movie I'd seen the Rami movies, and seen the first Amazing Spiderman movie and not fully versed on the Spidey world but was thinking more Gwen, that a Spidey movie would actually follow through with a love interest character dying. Was expecting him to shake her and say something and her to come around and think "really after that abrupt stop that she had there's no way she'd be alive".

Edge of Tomorrow, 8/10

It's a decent movie, Cruise tends to do well with these sci fi ones, liked Oblivion as well.

Apart from the one or two impossibilities with the main theme which they didnt seem to notice while writing the dialogue, i liked it a lot.

I really enjoyed the whole exposition but I didn't understand the ending. Did it even make sense at all?

What's the explanation for going back into a time without mimics?

Also does Emily Blunt's character hold a planche in a distant shot and then a standard push up on close ups? Why have a stunt double do that hold when you can just have Blunt do push ups? :|

Anyone seen The Equalizer yet? Hoping to catch it here when it opens in a week's time.

I just watched "American flatulators"

It could be the worst movie ever made.

A Most Wanted Man

UN%20HOMME%20TRES%20RECHERCHE.JPG

9/10 : very good film , good actors , story ...

An espionnage film without guns, firefights , violence except the one of the state ( police, secret service) with manipulation twists and the pessimism of Le Carr? .

I really enjoyed the whole exposition but I didn't understand the ending. Did it even make sense at all?

What's the explanation for going back into a time without mimics?

Like many things that don't make sense, this is the result of a changed ending. The original ending was planned more like this:

They are flying to Paris and Tom Cruise tells everyone not to kill an Alpha, as then the Omega would revert the day and they would be killed without even knowing they had this conversation before. During the ground action one of the grunts gets separated from the group in horror-movie style and in a panic accidentally kills an Alpha. The day reverts and now you see the same events from the mimics' side of the battle as they shoot down the plane and kill everyone just after Cruise warns the group not to kill an Alpha.

The ending was changed because the comedy of the movie (such as Cruise being repeatedly killed on the beach) was highlighted over the original much darker tone, and the writers judged that the darker planned ending no longer fit with the more comedic style the movie morphed into, since comedies [url="http://filmschoolrejects.com/features/edge-of-tomorrow-ending-alternate.php#ixzz36Li5He00]"generally have to go back to the way things were"[/url]

Going into the movie I'd seen the Rami movies, and seen the first Amazing Spiderman movie and not fully versed on the Spidey world but was thinking more Gwen, that a Spidey movie would actually follow through with a love interest character dying. Was expecting him to shake her and say something and her to come around and think "really after that abrupt stop that she had there's no way she'd be alive".

That part was quite good. I didn't expect that at all.. but the villains sucked, just as they did in SM 3

Like many things that don't make sense, this is the result of a changed ending. The original ending was planned more like this:

They are flying to Paris and Tom Cruise tells everyone not to kill an Alpha, as then the Omega would revert the day and they would be killed without even knowing they had this conversation before. During the ground action one of the grunts gets separated from the group in horror-movie style and in a panic accidentally kills an Alpha. The day reverts and now you see the same events from the mimics' side of the battle as they shoot down the plane and kill everyone just after Cruise warns the group not to kill an Alpha.

The ending was changed because the comedy of the movie (such as Cruise being repeatedly killed on the beach) was highlighted over the original much darker tone, and the writers judged that the darker planned ending no longer fit with the more comedic style the movie morphed into, since comedies [url="http://filmschoolrejects.com/features/edge-of-tomorrow-ending-alternate.php#ixzz36Li5He00]"generally have to go back to the way things were"[/url]

Isn't that just an infinite loop then? Why is killing an alpha required for the omega to reset the day? Can't it do that whenever it wants? In fact, why does Cruise's power have any effect at all? Wouldn't it just constantly loop anyway? And let's assume that alternate ending made sense, does that mean the bad guys win?