Last movie you saw?

Need for Speed

It's a turd and a complete waste of 2 hours. 0/10.

Need for Speed

It's a turd and a complete waste of 2 hours. 0/10.
There are bad movies that are completely forgettable and pointless, bad movies that make you laugh at their incompetence and then there are bad movies that actually make you angry.
Need for speed was definitely the latter.

Lucy
She's way too op at the end. I kinda wish they would've had the Korean gangster taking some of the blue drug so we'll have a super Saiyan style fight at the end. But instead we just see her become either a super computer or god. I'm not sure if they are implying she actually went through time and space or is she just simulating every event from the beginning of the universe. Either way, the ending was kind of a lame way out.
7/10

Winter's Bone.
MV5BMjA0OTM3MDMxNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDY1MjI0Mw@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

A very dark neo-noir about life and crime in the Ozark Mountains, Missouri. A girl tries to find her father who may or may not have skipped bail as he put their house up as a bond and she and her siblings will be homeless if he does not make it to court.

This leads her into a journey of crime, violence, family loyalty and lack thereof. A brilliant performance by leading lady J-Law, great supporting players (many of them locals, cast while shooting on location), brilliant cinematography. A true must-watch.

Last edited:
The Purge: Anarchy

I was pleasantly surprised by this one. I did not see the first Purge before, but was already interested when I saw that this one recieved better reviews than the other one. Solid movie about human worth and human character. And killing. Lots of killing of people who deserve it.

7/10

the Giver

Again, a pleasant surprise. When the movie started with "sorting" of teenagers and I had also just seen Divergent, I was yelling "Oh for fucks sake! Someone needs to travel back in time and convince J.K. Rowling that the sorting-hat is a terrible idea" inside - but the movie had some pleasant surprises in store that made me enjoy it more than Divergent. Bottom line is that the Giver is very well acted and while the overall story-arc may not be surprising - the little enjoyable stuff (like the visuals) makes up for it.

7/10

Only Lovers left behind

I?ll never be a "fan" of Jim Jarmusch, but his movies have their qualities. If I look past the typical Jarmusch-style of story telling this is a small jewell just for the acting. Tilda Swinton and Tom Hiddleston are simply sublime in this movie. The Story is a bit thin, but you can follow it along just to indudgle in acting and atmosphere ...

8/10

Gone Girl. Holy crap it was unpredictable. I cynically thought it was a girly movie when my friends asked if I wanted to come... :lol:

I watched Blackball. It was fairly predictable, but also amusing.

Lucy

aka: the movie everyone hated before it even came out. Yes, the premise (featured strongly in the trailer) is utter bullshit. But while (seemingly) everyone I know wouldn?t even go watch the movie with me because of that ... I was determined to give this movie a fair chance. I?m not gonna turn down a Sci-fi Movie because of some stupid Facts ...

Aaaaaand long story short, I ended up thinking the Movie was pretty mediocre ... enjoyable for most of the time, visually good (editing in the sort of "documentary" clips like in a bad powerpoint-presentation on the other hand made me laugh) ... and the movie is one that does not spell out everything for you, so that you can fill the (many) blanks yourself - wich I like that a lot more than the other way around.
But in the End the premise really is a problem. I tried really hard suspending my disbelief ...
but one can only take so many sparkly-monolith usb-sticks from GOD.
Wich at least was a good laugh at the End, I?ll give the movie that ... but I got this feeling I wasn?t supposed to laugh.

6/10.

Last edited:
Fed Up

Pepsi as part of your daily water intake and tomato paste and fries as daily vegetable intakes ftw. :lol:

(the US is fucked if they dont stop arguing about nanny state gun laws and rather talk about banning processed foods instead)

I don't have a problem with counting either of those, but then you're also supposed to count the salt, sugar and fat intake, as well...which nobody does...including myself.

Kite (2014): it pretty much sucked...probably no surprise there. I soooo had high hopes...haha...j/k. At minimum, I was hoping for some badassery killings, but, did not get. The chic was cute, though. She reminded of Selena Gomez.

4/10

I don't have a problem with counting either of those, but then you're also supposed to count the salt, sugar and fat intake, as well...which nobody does...including myself.

The movie (or documentary I guess) focused on sugar. For good reason, as it's in nearly everything in the US.

The Equalizer

A but slow at times but quite entertaining overall. I like Denzel Washington movies anyway.