Last movie you saw?

Fine by me! Can't wait to see it! Will try to avoid 3D if possible

I saw it 2D only (couldn?t get any tickets anymore for the 3D) and that was alright ...

I also love how in France (and Belgium) we get this movie 2 days earlier than in the States :D so now I can go and spoil you all ... IT?S A MERMAID IN A MECANICAL SUIT! And she would have gotten away with it, if it wasn?t for those meddling kids!

I saw Jurassic World today. With Jurassic Park and The Lost World being two of my favourite movies I was a little apprehensive about this one, as Jurassic Park III was a huge disappointment. But it was good. It avoided all of the mistakes that ruined JP3.

Your mom was quite nice in 3D.

No, I feel like it's more blue Fern Gully.

But here's this:
avagully.jpg

Saw Jurassic Wold yesterday and didn't like it very much...

I saw JW on Fri and enjoyed it quite a bit, was it a good movie? No.

But it was quite fun, especially towards the last act

Chappie: Didn't like it. I guess I was expecting for it to be badass....it wasn't. And, I didn't like Chappie's voice. Something about it annoyed me. He was either talking too fast just bad voice acting or scripting. I dunno...just couldn't stand it.

Chiming in as well with Jurassic World. I loved it! My childhood is complete.

Objectively good movie? No. The only awards this could believably win are for effects. But is it a fun movie? Abso-fucking-lutely.

True Lies

It's amazing and yet terrible and a parody and about 3 days too long... And the scene in the hotel makes no fucking sense whatsoever. Yet, it is a fantastic film.

Rating 10/10

I saw JW on Fri and enjoyed it quite a bit, was it a good movie? No.

But it was quite fun, especially towards the last act

Objectively good movie? No. The only awards this could believably win are for effects. But is it a fun movie? Abso-fucking-lutely.

Basically this.

Yes, Jurassic World is flawed and by no means a good STORY film. Too many clich?s and character development was spotty.

But you know what? I don't care! This film is basically my childhood fantasies rolled up and put on the big screen, AND I LOVE IT!

Yeah, I spent most of the movie with my inner child screaming in uncontrollable excitement. 10/10 just for that alone.

5/10 if you take out the dinosaurs...

Basically this.

Yes, Jurassic World is flawed and by no means a good STORY film. Too many clich?s and character development was spotty.

But you know what? I don't care! This film is basically my childhood fantasies rolled up and put on the big screen, AND I LOVE IT!

Yeah, I spent most of the movie with my inner child screaming in uncontrollable excitement. 10/10 just for that alone.

5/10 if you take out the dinosaurs...
What also made this film enjoyable on a meta self referential level was how the story was a thinly veiled criticism against the studio & producers and what kind of clusterf*** the production of this movie was:

http://io9.com/spoiler-galore-warning-okay-in-the-theater-i-was-pis-1711060968

Commando

I've wanted to rewatch this for a while, fuck me its awful. That Freddy Murcury wannabee motherfucker is the worst casting and the worst villain in film history. He couldnt beat Alyssa Milano, she'd kill that shit bastard.

The steam pipe, Arnie can throw it through a body and into a steam tank... Steam is under high pressure, that tank would be inches thick. His daughter sees Freddy die and isn't phased at all. Also Arnie is ripped, let's have him wander about in speedos for no reason whatsoever.

Rating 7.5/10

Commando is one of the best comedies of 1985.

Last edited:
The Railway Man

The feels. all of the feels. see this movie if you know what's good for you.

And in a bit of a change in tone...

Spy

one of the few comedies that had me laughing pretty much constantly the whole way through. especially when Statham was on screen.

Saw Jurassic Wold yesterday and didn't like it very much...

That's because you weren't alive when the first one came out. Jurassic Park was my generation's Star Wars.

That's because you were a kid when the first one came out. Jurassic Park was our generation's Star Wars.