Last movie you saw?

Villeneuve seems to be an amazing director, I'm ashamed to say I still haven't seen any of his movies.

Sicario is definitely on my 'To See' list.

He is also directing the Blade Runner sequel.

I'm not sure I like the idea its getting an sequel, but I have to hope it will be a good one.

Macbeth - Really liked it even though I've seen two plays in my life and never read/saw Shakespeare. 8/10?

The Fifth Element

I've only seen this film a couple of times, the last time was easily a decade ago. Yes, it's sci-fi nonsense, but Leeloo is soo adorable. :wub:
The only thing that ruins it is Chris Tucker. What a cunt.

Rating 8/10.

This is weird, I was thinking about the film yesterday and it was on TV today.

Every time I saw Aknot I thought, he looks like that guy from Law and Order (Fred Thompson) no idea why. I am onboard with your SciFi future, but its always CRTs.
Gary Oldmans death is terrible, Mangalore's look like late 80's puppets.

Still the only SciFi nonsense film I'll watch and enjoy.

Berlin Calling

A recommendation by a friend. They didn't sell the movie at my local store, so i just settled for the soundtrack on my Provence-roadtrip.
The movie isn't that bad, but it isn't that great either. Even though there are 2 naked lesbo's in the movie, it's the music that makes it great.

8/10

Minions

Funny, but not as much as both Dispicable Me's.

7/10

wK9KmThl.jpg

Very well done film. Nice to see Johnny Depp play a role other than a goofy Tim Burton character or Jack Sparrow. He was essentially unrecognizable with the brilliant makeup work they did. Very good acting from all the players.

8.5-9/10

Last edited:
On Her Majesty's Secret Service (1969)

The only Bond movie I've never seen before. Lazenby was not that bad, but the movie itselft was average. 7/10

Le Samoura? (1967)

Another great, but sad and depressing movie from Jean-Pierre Melville. 9/10

Fantastic Four (the new one)

Not as bad as everyone made me expect. This is a lot better than the previous ones (the bar was set very low by those). Is it Good? No. But at least not offensively bad like the ones before it.

5/10

Tomorrowland

I really like that one. So yeah the film transports a positive message, so what? Can?t we enjoy a positive tale and story every now and then without everyone going "oh, I wish this was more dark and edgy"?

9/10

The Awakening (2011)

British horror/scare film set after the first world war. Strong characters, good acting & imaginative ending. But while the ending is imaginative, it is also quite anti-climactic and all the build up, all the strong acting in the middle sort of goes to waste. Ironically - if the Film had had a more restrained in the middle concerning acting and emotions - the ending would have stuck better.

6/10

Tomorrowland

I really like that one. So yeah the film transports a positive message, so what? Can?t we enjoy a positive tale and story every now and then without everyone going "oh, I wish this was more dark and edgy"?

9/10

I liked that movie too. My own interpretation is that we humans are needlessly all doom and gloom to the point that we won't even give the future half a chance. So it is dark and edgy in it's own way.

The Martian. It's pretty good, most of the stuff seems pretty realistic (at least to a layman like me). It's a disaster movie in space/Mars.

Another vote for The Martian, very enjoyable despite a few minor details.

Hannibal Rising. It passed the time but not one I would be bothered about watching in a hurry. 6/10 at best.

Yeah, I will, I just need some free time. ;)

Just watched loads of films on my new Amazon Fire Stick with Kodi installed (all free ;) )
Liked the new Terminator Genisys best

Spectre, enjoyed it, definitely need to watch it again to pick up on some things. Good action, and in IMAX with the sound system the explosions are incredible. Interesting to see where they take things from here

8/10