Last movie you saw?

Ghost in the shell.

I never saw the mangas and this movie was pretty boring in my opinion.

Guns, explosions, Kung fu, lousy special effects, and most of all...

Poor Lotus Esprit, what a waste!:cry:

Alien
Aliens
Alien^3
Alien:Resurrection

First time watch all of them.

The first 2 are great. Nice suspension building. The latter 2 are merely action packed *crap*.
And no SW undie shot in A:R. :( But damn, WR has a nice ass in that string. :drool:

I've already seen them before. It's because of them that i wanted to see the originals.

I saw some hot Russian GoPro on human action, a.k.a. Hardcore Henry. Cool ideas mixed with OTT gore and bullshit story. Also tits.

Could be improved in many ways (wider FOV to name one) , but I enjoyed it anyway :)

The Boss Baby, was good fun with family, but felt a bit generic

Taxi Driver, Lucy, The 24 Hour War, and something else I already forgot The Town. It was a long flight.

Last edited:
Just finished watching the Need for Speed movie. It was on TV, so I watched it for free, but still felt ripped off. What an embarrassing shit show. I have a new found respect for those god awful Fast and Furious movies. :lol:

The only thing they got right, imo, are most of the car choices. It started with a bunch of classic cars racing each other, so I didn't have much hope, but they didn't wreck any of them, and after that race it was all modern crap and low quality replicas for the rest of the film. Still, I find it hard to believe a single writer, producer, or the director even know how to drive a car or change their own oil. It was the most cringe worthy movie I've ever seen. Pixar's Cars was more realistic and believable.

Atomic Blonde. Walked out of the theater puking out 80's new wave rainbows. 'twas a good time.

Watched Prometheus (again) and Alien Covenant back to back, the latter movie felt like mostly filler, nothing useful added :/

Also watched the original Predator and Jason Bourne

The Dark Tower

For what it is, 7/10. It does rather betray it's source material as being aimed at teenagers, and while the first hour is actually pretty good and hints at things being darker than one might expect, the last act is very generic without a hint of a twist. It's almost as if those involved shot the last third of the movie with a permanent hangover and went through the motions.

Still Junior Menace enjoyed it and as he is not quite 14 I was pleased he was entertained. Plus since we went to the Fleapit in Bognor it only cost us ?10.50 plus about ?0.80 in diesel. :D

Spent yesterday morning catching up on trailers on IMDB - got plenty of good looking movies to catch in the coming months.

Last edited:
1200px-Ingsoc_logo_from_1984.svg.png

My only knowledge about 1984 was that it's set in a dystopian regime.

I kinda expected an ending more in line with Aeon Flux or Equilibrium, where the regime was overthrown.

But nonetheless, a very good movie and a strong performance of John Hurt and Bob Flag.

Thinking about ordering the book and read at work.

0uVvW3v.jpg

Fun mindless action flick with some interesting concepts and plot points.
6/10

Atomic Blonde in IMAX.

zNXGgov.jpg

The movie itself was super fucking awesome. 9/10
And let's not forget the soundtrack, glorious 80's tracks pounding through the speakers. <3<3<3

The IMAX on the other hand sucked balls. Since the movie didn't fill the full IMAX screen, and it was projected "too high" i needed to look up all the time to see the movie.
When i looked just forward, like in a normal cinema, i would be looking at the subtitles.

NZHfYeh.jpg

Finally got around to watching this since it was free on my flight. Some thoughts (started typing live about halfway through).

Opening Cuban race gave me a headache. Nobody's gopher is a repeat of 2F2F's Agent Dunn but a bit more competent and annoying. Between the cinematography, choreography and music, the prison fight scene was easily the movie highlight for me. All the technobabble gave brain cancer. Why can't Hollywood ever get actors that can actually speak Russian without a horrible accent, these supposed Russian Defense officials have worse Russian than I do, and mine is horrible. The New York scene with the hacked cars gave me a brain aneurism. Killing Decker like they did was weak. The line about Brian and Mia, weak. Cypher's goal of global accountability through intimidation made me sigh. Too many plot holes in the Russian base scene to count. Roman Pearce gave me a migraine, but I did enjoy the Lambo submo scene... until the door sled. Jetsuit guys, wut? Wait, even more wut. Ugh, those "comic relief" guys. "Devil's bumhole." I get that Decker is some super fighter and all, but fighting with a baby in a carrier, fuck you. The dreaded torpedo scene, ugh, fuck you. Remote controlling the sub, fuck you. "Its right under us, get out the way" half expected Tej to drop a "move bitch", total missed opportunity. Sub explosion jump, fuck you. The flag on the passenger side of Hobb's Dodge Ram thing is on backwards, tsk tsk tsk. I knew the kid would be called Brian from the scene he was introduced.

Verdict: 5/10. Its getting a bit too much, even for me, and I usually have a very high tolerance for bullshit.
Suggestion, either retire the series, or go back to the roots, shitty street racing with crummy cars.

Last edited:
NZHfYeh.jpg

Finally got around to watching this since it was free on my flight. Some thoughts (started typing live about halfway through).

Opening Cuban race gave me a headache. Nobody's gopher is a repeat of 2F2F's Agent Dunn but a bit more competent and annoying. Between the cinematography, choreography and music, the prison fight scene was easily the movie highlight for me. All the technobabble gave brain cancer. Why can't Hollywood ever get actors that can actually speak Russian without a horrible accent, these supposed Russian Defense officials have worse Russian than I do, and mine is horrible. The New York scene with the hacked cars gave me a brain aneurism. Killing Decker like they did was weak. The line about Brian and Mia, weak. Cypher's goal of global accountability through intimidation made me sigh. Too many plot holes in the Russian base scene to count. Roman Pearce gave me a migraine, but I did enjoy the Lambo submo scene... until the door sled. Jetsuit guys, wut? Wait, even more wut. Ugh, those "comic relief" guys. "Devil's bumhole." I get that Decker is some super fighter and all, but fighting with a baby in a carrier, fuck you. The dreaded torpedo scene, ugh, fuck you. Remote controlling the sub, fuck you. "Its right under us, get out the way" half expected Tej to drop a "move bitch", total missed opportunity. Sub explosion jump, fuck you. The flag on the passenger side of Hobb's Dodge Ram thing is on backwards, tsk tsk tsk. I knew the kid would be called Brian from the scene he was introduced.

Verdict: 5/10. Its getting a bit too much, even for me, and I usually have a very high tolerance for bullshit.
Suggestion, either retire the series, or go back to the roots, shitty street racing with crummy cars.

Nah man, next one is going to have Vin Diesel in a Veyron-turned-SUV fighting alien robots on an errupting volcano.

Last edited:
Nah man, next one is going to have Vin Diesel in a Veyron-turned-SUV fighting alien robots on an errupting volcano.
I don't think Vin is allowed to drive anything that isn't a Mopar.

Unless it has nuclear missiles.