Last movie you saw?

Blade Runner 2049

Never watched the original movie and i dont like sci-fi movies...

6/10

You made two mistakes. Firstly not watching at least one version of the original for context and secondly dismissing either on the basis of them being "sci-fi". Both movies explore themes and ideas that are completely relevant, if not to day, to things that are likely or at least possible within your lifetime.

Blade Runner 2049.

Holy fuck. There are no words. ?/10

I tried to not get my hopes up since most of the critics were praising it (and I really really liked "Arrival), but boy oh boy. What a great movie.

Just came back from the theater. Fantastic.

? Respected the original
? CCCP is a thing
? Peter and the wolf
? PEUGEOT
? Long takes
? Brutalism
? Bits of Vangelis

I am tempted to say I liked it more than the original. Just tempted. :ph34r:
So now the full scale amongst my friends is complete. :lol:

I went to see it last Sunday with some of my friends. Verdict from that group was from boring to quite good, with various reasons to raise it above meh. :p It didn't feel all that special to me, even if it was technically well made. Can't think of anything that would make me watch it again, but not much I would say to put it down, either.

:lol:

Funny how those things are.
I left the movie theater genuinely pissed off after watching "The Force Awakens", and I couldn't understand why everyone was jerking themselves in a coma because of that movie. :lol:

Anyway.
Rebeca and I watched the original Blade Runner and 1 of the short films (I thought it was just 1, not 3) at home and went straight to see 2049.
Damn. I was blown away.
With the exception of 2 maybe 3 scenes, that movie is spot-on.

The flashback to reminds us that the girl that makes the memories is indeed her daughter is a bit unnecessary.
I was paying attention, movie! I get that! No need to rub it in my face! :p

With the exception of 2 maybe 3 scenes, that movie is spot-on.

Yeah and I didn't like the bits with the redone Rachel. The director mostly respected the original film, which he made a point of doing, but I think that was a side-step.

I dunno....

I think it's just the kind of thing Wallace would have done in his position to try to get to Deckard.

Yeah and I didn't like the bits with the redone Rachel. The director mostly respected the original film, which he made a point of doing, but I think that was a side-step.

I am okay with that. Just let me reach the conclusions myself, without flashbacks. :lol:

I dunno....

I think it's just the kind of thing Wallace would have done in his position to try to get to Deckard.

Agree. That was both creepy and tense.

Was it blue and orange, like every other film these days?

No.
It's not a fucking Michael Bay movie. Quite the contrary.

Actually there were some bits that were predominantly blue, and some orange, but not in combination.

Was it blue and orange, like every other film these days?

No.
It's not a fucking Michael Bay movie. Quite the contrary.

The poster gave me cause to suspect that it would be-

Blade_Runner_2049_poster.png

By the way, Michael Bay is far from the only director to lazily use cheap digital grading tricks to enhance the teal and orange shades in his films.

By the way, Michael Bay is far from the only director to lazily use cheap digital grading tricks to enhance the teal and orange shades in his films.
This technique has been brought into mainstream use through the pioneering work of Jonathan West (ASC), who, after spending more than a decade shooting various "Star Treks", defined the different tints for the different CSI installments, giving each of them a look that speaks for their location (neon and pastels for Vegas, cool blues and greys for NYC and red and brown sandy tones from Miami) and also makes it instantly recognisable to anyone zapping through channels and stumbling upon an episode.

Also prominent in Traffic (2000):

For the hand-held camera footage, Soderbergh used Panavision Millennium XLs that were smaller and lighter than previous cameras and allowed him to move freely. In order to tell the three stories apart, he adopted a distinctive look for each. For Robert Wakefield's story, Soderbergh used tungsten film with no filter for a cold, monochrome blue feel. For Helena Ayala's story, Soderbergh used diffusion filters, flashing the film, overexposing it for a warmer feel. For Javier Rodriguez's story, the director used tobacco filters and a 45-degree shutter angle whenever possible to produce a strobe-like sharp feel. Then, he took the entire film through an Ektachromestep, which increased the contrast and grain significantly. He wanted to have different looks for each story because the audience had to keep track of many characters and absorb a lot of information and he did not want them to have to figure out which story they were watching.

Watching Jack Reacher: Never Go Back

There is a car scene and all the cops/prison guards are driving Chrysler 200C's with clearly overdubbed V8 rumble throughout the entire chase.

Blade Runner (2019) Final Cut.

I'll now try to go see 2049 in the next few days.

q34NGbKl.jpg

Maybe it was the version I watched, but a lot of scenes really bothered me. The fast action scenes really seemed sped up, the CG looked really terrible, the greenscreens were obvious and some scenes were just generally off. Other than that, it was a pretty good action flick parody of the classic spy film. It was like Sean Connery meets Jason Bourne meets Sterling Archer.
8.5/10

I sort of agree with your analogy. What bugs me the most is Samual L Jackson?s character that has a lisp.

Jack Reacher 2 (2016)

Just another cookie cutter Hollywood action movie, like the first one. 5/10

I just seen that one too. The first one was much better in my opinion. 4/10

First one was already an affront to the books, can't even imagine the second one.