Last movie you saw?

Blade Runner 2049.
:jawdrop:
They actually goddamnned did it.

Baby Driver (2017)

What was all the hype about?
OK, the first car scene is awesome, credit for doing as little CGI as possible, etc. but WOW does this film fall flat on its face towards the end.
It's a flimsy plot held by a gimmick (music) that doesn't make much sense, and the characters do stupid shit for the sake of stupid shit.
What a letdown.

Is it horror movie stupid shit?

Thor Ragnarok in IMAX, Thoroughly enjoyed it, first Thor film have actually seen in the cinema, definitely as reviews have said more of a comedy but works really well, great cast and some phenomenal visual moments. Looking forward to seeing it again

Last edited:
1DQYNJs.png

Man it never gets old.

dh5n0jjl.png

On my flight to Utah. Way better than the 2nd one. About on par with the first one.

Thor: Ragnarok. Glorious, way better than the first two Thor movies, definitely in my top 3 of all the MCU movies. Tons of humor, but much more controlled than GotG2 in that regard.

Thor was easily the most enjoyable and fun experience I?ve had in a theater in a loooooong time. I thought everything was perfect, although maybe just one scene or two made me wince for a brief second. Loved all the characters. Great action sequences not just relying on massive destruction of buildings....funnier than most comedies I?ve seen. It was just immensely entertaining all around.

I feel like that must be my type of hero flick (similar to dead pool and guardians and ant man).

Hm. From the trailers I got the exact opposite impression of the movie and wasn't planning on seeing it at all...

Saw Thor yesterday, too. Very fun, yes. I Agree with the above statements more or less. Lots of humor, though you can see it coming sometimes.
Though, seems like Thor went a bit too fast from serious to silly. But it's okay, Hemsworth is great.
8/10 I'd say

Also, not a bir fan of Blanchet usually, but she looked great in this. Acting not questioned, of course.

Iron Sky - good fun, silly but could have been a much better movie. 6/10

Kingsman 2.. not as good as the first one, but not far off. 7/10.

Rewatched the classic Adams Family movie.. man the cgi is horrible, but it's still hilarious.. 8/10 :D

Thor Ragnarok.

Easily the funniest and silliest Marvel movie to date. Went by far too quickly. May have introduced some plot holes in the whole cinematic universe, though. 9/10

As I was watching the credits to get to the final post-credits scene I noticed that about 3/4 (if not more) of it was digital effects teams. Holy shit.

Side Effects. It's been on my IMDB Watchlist for some time and we finally around to watching it last night.

An intelligent, subtle and elegant thriller that provides a calm antidote to action or superhero movies if you're looking for something a little different.

Solid 8/10.

CHIPS - a huge meh. 5/10.

Office Christmas Party - some good fun. 7/10.

Last week i saw all of the X-Men movies:

X-Men
X2
X-Men The Last Stand
X-Men First Class
The Wolverine
X-Men Days Of Future Past
Deadpool
X-Men Apocalypse
Logan

Was massive fun.

Today i saw Thor Ragnarok in the cinema. Although it was very entertaining, at some moments it felt too much a parody of itself. But still entertaining.

Shit they made a movie version of CHiPs (spelling corrected) ???

I just watched the trailer.

And really wish I hadn't.

Blade Runner 2049

I've always been a bit of a fan of the original, at least the alternative cuts with the more somber ending, so I was really worried this new film was just going to be another Hollywood cash grab, but I was pleasantly surprised. They didn't even try to make a typical summer popcorn action flick out of it. The pacing was nice and slow, with lots of beautiful shots and very little music. The music the film does use was always pretty dramatic.

I also liked that Harrison Ford's part in the film really wasn't that big. His character was obviously important to the plot, but the movie wasn't about him.

Maybe after I see it a couple more times, I may have a better idea about how I rate it, but right now it feels pretty damn perfect. I don't recall any aspects of the film that I wish hadn't been there.

10/10

I caught Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (2016) last night.

Good movie, better than I was expecting. Very different style than the Potter movies, which I didn't really like all that much. /booksnob

The only thing that genuinely annoyed me was Johnny Depp's unexpected appearance.

200.gif

Last edited: