Last movie you saw?

A Jason Statham movie.

It was exactly the same as all the others while showcasing just how far Jessica Alba's star has fallen.

Thankfully her boobs and ass haven't begun to follow suit just yet. :wicked:

Finally saw Blade Runner 2049.

Liked it, but found it a bit long. 9/10

The experience was rendered a bit uncomfortable by heating problems in the theatre, which meant watching the movie with my coat zipped up, and even putting my hoodie up eventually, and still shiver.

A Jason Statham movie.

It was exactly the same as all the others while showcasing just how far Jessica Alba's star has fallen.
The best thing whe did was probably Dark Angel.

And you're talking about Mechanic: Resurrection, I presume? What a stupid title...

The experience was rendered a bit uncomfortable by heating problems in the theatre, which meant watching the movie with my coat zipped up, and even putting my hoodie up eventually, and still shiver.
Sounds pretty immersive, especially for certain scenes.

That's so freaky.

One's a moody, post-apocalyptic anti-hero, and the other one is Ryan Gosling.

Baby Driver - was good, but lacked speed, especially in the first scene and it seemed rushed. Overall not bad.

Atomic Blonde - the music, the colors, the camera work, one of those movies where You don't care for the plot, but just admire the picture, the sound, the visuals. The action and story is good too, nothing new, but well put together.

Both of them are worth to be in a movie collection and be rewatched every couple of years if You have nothing to do and nothing else to see.

baby-driver-poster.jpg

Atomic-blonde-poster.jpg

This was long, dark, very violent and.....wow. Hard to describe....it is NOT an action movie or a classical western. Good movie though.

wE6680i.png

First Rifftrax I've seen in full. Hilarious.

XYZviper;n3422593 said:
Baby Driver - was good, but lacked speed, especially in the first scene and it seemed rushed. Overall not bad.

Atomic Blonde - the music, the colors, the camera work, one of those movies where You don't care for the plot, but just admire the picture, the sound, the visuals. The action and story is good too, nothing new, but well put together.

Both of them are worth to be in a movie collection and be rewatched every couple of years if You have nothing to do and nothing else to see.

baby-driver-poster.jpg

Atomic-blonde-poster.jpg

Atomic Blonde - set in 1989, features an E39 parked on a street not 10 minutes into the movie. :mad:

To be fair though they actually did a pretty good job when it came to period correct vehicles.

In the Fade (original German title: Aus dem Nichts). Good film, though definitely not a fun one.
The IMDb page doesn't mention the real-life inspiration for the movie (Nazis killing a number of immigrants and the failings of the police to recognize these murders for what they were), which is bad because it's what makes this movie worth mentioning. The topic has managed to get Diane KRuger to star in her first German movie, after all...

Last edited:
Wonder Woman. This movie has gotten quite a bit of hype, but thought it was only ok.
So she killed Ares at the end, but yet it didn't bring world piece, so the prophecy failed? Also, at the end she learned "love will save everything", that just sounds so lame.

XYZviper;n3422593 said:

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/filmwonk.files.wordpress.com\/2017\/06\/baby-driver-poster.jpg"}[/IMG2]

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/lgbtfiction.com\/images\/f\/f6\/Atomic-blonde-poster.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Spent quite a few hours in planes recently and watched both of these plus Dunkirk.

Baby Driver : Interesting, but technical problems with the audio jack of my seat made it a pain to watch, and I missed some dialogs. Will need to re-watch it.

Atomic Blonde : Wow, spectacular! The action was filmed so well, the acting was very good, and the soundtrack... Can a soundtrack be too good? 9.5/10, will add to my collection.

MWF;n3542084 said:
Atomic Blonde - set in 1989, features an E39 parked on a street not 10 minutes into the movie. :mad:

Really? I noticed an E34, didn't see the 39.

Dunkirk : I can't quite put my finger on why, but it left me kinda cold. 8/10.

Last edited:
"The Greatest Showman"
Inspired by the imagination of P.T. Barnum, The Greatest Showman is an original musical that celebrates the birth of show business and tells of a visionary who rose from nothing to create a spectacle that became a worldwide sensation.

“The Shape of Water” - beautiful movie

on another note. Just signed up for MoviePass. $9.95 a month to watch one movie every day (if you want). Basically they load funds onto a debit card to immediately use at any theater. It’s a terrible business model in the sense that they will lose money most likely, but they seem to be looking at other ways to sell data I think. One of the co-founders of Netflix and Redbox took it over in 2016. There isn’t any risk involved, so figured it was worth a shot. Price is less than the cost of a ticket anyway. It won’t work for imax or 3D movie I believe

Perhaps they’ve got a deal where there’s a cut from concessions that they get?

R.I.P.D. (2013)

This was playing on tv the other day, so I decided to watch it. I heard it was awful, so I was expecting a cringefest.

It was typical Hollywood crap, but it wasn't that bad really. It could have easily been another Men In Black movie, if a few superficial changes were made. I'm not sure why it got so much hate when it was no worse than most of what Hollywood puts out these days.

Went to see “the post”....was good. Not really necessary to see in the theater of course.

I also received the movie pass cards I mentioned earlier worked flawlessly. Got to the theater, checked in on the app....went to the box office attendant and purchased the ticket with the card.

So so it’s already paid for itself. Ticket was 11.18$ and the membership is $9.95. Going to see Jumanji today, which I ordinarily wouldn’t have gone to see....basically any movie I see in the next 30 days will be free.

Marvel's "Doctor Strange". Workes reasonably well as a brainless action movie, but in my opinion it - and more importantly, the main character - should not be in the MCU.