Last movie you saw?

Rewatch and highly recommend:
ddaacd39248b9fbd5438219e99d29b05.jpg

26d6edf76826d59d5a9e9fa1bde4057f.jpg

tumblr_mm00oiHiDH1sp21sno1_250.gifv

Ichi-the-Killer-2001-1.jpg

Hmm, I don't think I've seen that, as I'm not a fan of horror, thrillers etc. But I do remember liking Dead or alive and Audition from Miike's production from the same era. Perhaps I should give it a try.

^ not a horror movie it's a crime movie. Yakuza boss is killed; it's war for rival gangs, but there's someone else behind it. A circle of violent masturbatory pleasure Ichi The Killer *****

Reactions: 47
img_0803_2.JPG

A Dial M For Murder remake (btw watch Dial M for Murder) with a significant difference in story. Well done great acting by all players. Well shot.

Also check out Viggo Mortensen's 'Recent Forgeries' album and art. Perhaps one of this centuries greatest men in the arts.

209286.jpg

Very good, entertaining.
MV5BZmQyZDBjNjMtMjIzOS00MTMyLWJmZWMtN2IxMWFmYjg0MDlhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDIzMzcwNjc@._V1_.jpg

Also very good and entertaining, the Guy Ritchie of old I'd say.

1O78mSTAuOLfSSXytdU-3_MzI6iTn7ZCPhYV3tkLkZ4-nFd0GVUAyRAK1x26Ij0OZ5s5aFsFO5zekI7W4sXFzHB5zCV57udoDLGJ1iM0WTK4Oqn5BOUBCH8EV5k

As a big DC ( a comics and CBMs in general) fan, I guess I had to see it, though I skipped the theater release.
Now that I have, I know I won't be doing that again. It's kind of boring and I don't like what they've done with some of the characters.
Loved Ewan, though, but that's a given :D

The American, a George Clooney thriller that has a nice quiet flow to it, but also lacks any amount of suspense and surprises. The story plays out exactly as expected.
Recommendation: watch grass grow instead.

Reactions: 47
Pierce Brosnan GoldenEye Live Watchalong
images

Commentary companion links up with the movie

Reactions: lip
extraction-tailer-1280x720-1.jpg

Great action, story was a but nothing really, but an interesting timekiller flick.
I saw that in my Netflix recommendations, might give it a go.

Also, yesterday:
  • Haywire, a pretty standard "spy/black-ops/mercenary person gets betrayed and seeks revenge" thriller, but much more enjoyable than I expected. The main actress helped. ;) Also has an impressive cast on the supporting roles. :blink:
    Additionally, naming the hero character "Mallory" gave me a chuckle that hopefully at leasdt some IT people will understand.
  • Taken 2, which I already knew but wanted to refresh. For some reason. The most amusing things about it were the blatant refuges in audacity: Brian being on a security job in a foreign country and of course having a giant trunk full of guns and grenades. Throwing around grenades in a major city to noise-pinpoint a location. Kim just learning to drive in her mother's Escalade and her father's.... Camry? Whatever, both presumably automatic. But in Istanbul she somehow drives a manual W124 in a high-stress chase, including ramming maneuvres, drifting around cobblestone corners and J-turns, before even completing her licence. Must be her father's genes. :)
    If I were a Turk, the movie's portrayal of Istanbul (where the US embassy definitely is not) would piss me off to no end. :D

Zombieland: Double Tap

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1560220/

Available on Amazon Prime Video in Canada.

I loved the first movie, and expected to be disappointed by this sequel. I was actually quite entertained, it was good fun.

I loved the first movie, and expected to be disappointed by this sequel. I was actually quite entertained, it was good fun.

I also enjoyed it after being told it was meh.

I also watched White Boy Rick this morning and found it an interesting story. Filmed is based in Detroit and it appears as if much of it was filmed there too.

Followed it up with the original. Watched the 2009 Zombieland yesterday night, and that movie aged so well.

The music is definitely better than Double Tap, but besides that, it made me appreciate how good Double Tap was as a sequel.

Great action, story was a but nothing really, but an interesting timekiller flick.
I saw that in my Netflix recommendations, might give it a go.
Aaaaand I watched it today. Story was.... apparently there. And didn't matter. Just had a great two hours people get shot, knifed, and killed in other ways. :D

I also watched Smokey and the Bandit again, for some light-hearted comedy. I've watched this movie so many times, it was already one of my favourites when I was a child. And I don't know if the German dub defused the dialogue so much or if I just didn't understand it back then, but the language is far more colourful than I gave it credit for in the past - at least in the original version.

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker - So she didn't need to find the wayfinder... So they didn't need to have C-3PO reformated... So they didn't need to find the knife accidentally... So we could have skipped 2/3rds of this movie

Aaaaand I watched it today. Story was.... apparently there. And didn't matter. Just had a great two hours people get shot, knifed, and killed in other ways. :D

Watched it last night, I agree with both of you, great (even awesome) action. Story, what story?

Also I really liked how it was filmed. Fast, but you could still see what's going on.

Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant (2009)

Ok, this was cheesy AF and included the old fashioned “I’m doing things really fast but with leas frame rate” and has some sped up scenes to induce the cool factor I guess as well. A good throwaway movie to numb your brain to, also I am a sucker for vampire movies.

Underworld: Evolution.

I hated the forced sex scene which is where I stopped last time I watched this movie quite a while back. It made me so happy when Michael was slammed through the chest with a rusty steel pipe at the docks by Marcus. The forced romance felt like it was a cheap grab to and get people to watch the movie. I was bummed out when Selene brought Michael back, it actually ruined the end fight scene for me.

Knives Out:

This is a good movie with a nice cast.

Yesterday I was bored and looking for a bit of mindless action, and gave in to Netflix' suggestions that I should watch Death Race.
Which was a mistake. Even for a "Jason Statham drives a car, kills people and frowns all the way through the plot that makes no sense at all" movie this was exceptionally bad.