Last movie you saw?

Guns Akimbo

Saw yesterday it was available on Amazon Prime Video.

Guns, gore, comic book feel, nice entertaining movie.

Speaking of entertaining movie: I just saw a classic again in form of Men in Black. Still a good popcorn movie which aged well. :)

Waiting For The Barbarians (2019)

Stupid title, but quite a good movie, in a utterly slow drama sort of way. It's a war movie, but without any battle scenes. - You have to be in the right mood for a film like this. - I was, so I enjoyed it. = 7/10

Two movies last weekend:
  • London Has Fallen: Very enjoyable action sequences, but the stupidity of the plot and blatant disregard for any logic left me disappointed. With something resembling a coherent plot, this could have been a real action classic. But as it is, it's just a mindless list of shootouts. Very well-made shootouts that had me on the edge of my seat, I admit. The in places really bad CGI was also worth a chuckle.
  • 22 Bullets: I expected a Jean Reno on a rampage of revenge film, so solid action work with not too much plot. Problem is, there is no action in this movie, but instead unbelievably badly written characters. Do not recommend.

Today I've been to the cinema for the first time since, well, at least last winter. To see Tenet.

This being a Christopher Nolan movie, I thought it would be good to see it on the big screen. Well, let's say if there is any place to see this movie it is on the big screen. Because optics is all it has. Seriously, this movie left me so lost I was not even confused. The plot does not even try to make sense, it's all just an exercise in visual style. And at that, it's not even that spectacular, the action is strangely subdued. The in-universe explanation for for the world-ending armageddon is supposed to work are just empty words, it just does not make any sense at all.

I think I have to watch Memento again as a therapy or something...

Today I've been to the cinema for the first time since, well, at least last winter. To see Tenet.

This being a Christopher Nolan movie, I thought it would be good to see it on the big screen. Well, let's say if there is any place to see this movie it is on the big screen. Because optics is all it has. Seriously, this movie left me so lost I was not even confused. The plot does not even try to make sense, it's all just an exercise in visual style. And at that, it's not even that spectacular, the action is strangely subdued.
I think I have to watch Memento again as a therapy or something...

Watched the bootleg

I felt like I had seen much of it before... in better movies.

The second Borat...

First half was funny feel good sort of movie with the second half becoming super cringey.

The second Borat...

First half was funny feel good sort of movie with the second half becoming super cringey.

Watched that too when it came out. Tbh I’m not good with cringey movies like that, but I expected it to be much worse!

Watched that too when it came out. Tbh I’m not good with cringey movies like that, but I expected it to be much worse!
What sent me over the edge is watching my fellow countryman do the Nazi salute. Now this is of course a movie and a lot of this may have been prompted to be done by the directors and producers, but that scene can easily not be faked. There's dozens of videos around the country of right wing groups doing just that and wishing death on those that don't agree with them. I get this was supposed to be a pretend documentary/ sell daughter to rich American so she can have a golden cage, which itself is easily a joke for the movie. The other stuff, hard to disconnect from reality.

What sent me over the edge is watching my fellow countryman do the Nazi salute.
I hate Illinois Nazis. :LOL:

I never got Borat really, never got around to watching the first one and I'll probably never watch this either. I forgot about this thread when saying that I watched the Blues Brothers again.

Yesterday evening I watched Wonder Woman. Usually I stay away from DC movies, because they're generally shit, but this one was supposed to be very, very good.

Well, what a disappointment. The fish-out-of-water type humour was cringy to the point I fast forwarded parts of the London scenes, the action scenes were well-executed but totally "standard forced epicness" in style. The final fight was simply boring. And the bombastic music to tell you without a doubt what emotion the scene is supposed to convey was simply intruding and mainly enforced the feeling that this movie is just another superhero action movie, checking off clichés.
And the worst thing: The supposedly posterchild feminist heroine immediately falls for the first man she ever meets (granted, he's a good choice). Which is one of the major points of criticism with the second movie, from what I've read, because the whole plot of that builds on that. I won't check that for myself.
The best thing about the movie by far were the three mercenaries.

About 4/10, -ish.

Reactions: lip
Just finished watching The Matrix again - dayum, it's already 22 years old and for me still one of the best movies of all time. :wub:

Reactions: lip
Just finished watching The Matrix again - dayum, it's already 22 years old and for me still one of the best movies of all time. :wub:

Such a great movie, good thing they didn't screw it up by turning it into a trilogy that makes no sense.

Yeah, it would have been a waste of resources to come up with something even remotely as good...

*cough*

Are you aware that they are making a fourth?

Sorry, but it is true.

Is the animated version not considered worthwhile? I have never watched it myself.

:p

It was better than the sequels.

p9745_p_v8_aa.jpg

It's not really a horror movie. The poster gives away the funny bit thought when he screws up his identity having switched it so many times.