Last movie you saw?

^ Hm. I'm watching the 2021 Dune at the moment. I'm one hour in, house Atreides just went to have a look into the Dune desert - and I turned the movie off. - Mind you it is visually stunning, but man alive it is a bore. Maybe the pace takes up later, or maybe:

Or maybe because I have seen the 1984 movie many times. And I've seen that one the first time when I was a kid, and so the 1984 Baron Harkonnen truly scared the living crap out of me and the fight-training boxy looking shield CGI was so utterly impressive. - Not so in the current film.

After this one hour, all I have is one question: Why this remake?

And maybe I have just seen too many movies in general: Every time somebody asks "what's happening" and gets the answer "you will see" instead of a clear explanation of the situation I fall out of the movie and facepalm a little.

Sure I'm going to watch the 2021 Dune to the end, but still.

Spoilers... WTF?

^ There are no spoilers. It's a 37yo movie. The first half of it.

Watched it to the end. It did pick up a bit. 7/10

I stopped reading when you mentioned a house.

miss-slaone.jpg

Miss Sloane (USA 2016)
Damn good. I'm neutral about the political agenda of the director/producer, but the suspense structure of the movie was ace. 9/10

Once again I ventured into an old-ish movie by watching Hellboy again. Very good entertainment. :)

Watched Ice Road on Netflix last night. Yeah... I shouldn't even admit that.

Plot, bad. Acting, worse. CGI, worse than 1990s Babylon 5.

It is okay to stop watching when it is bad. Or was it trainwreck bad, and you couldn't look away?

Trainwreck bad.

I just wanted to see what the next dumb thing was going to be. Did I mention the CGI was horrid?

You did mention the CGI.

Ghost in the Shell live action. I think it's one of the better live action adaptation. They got all the iconic scenes in there and generally did a good job as an adaptation. Scarlett Johansson emotionless voice was pretty good representation of Major. I think they changed some bits of the story, but honestly it's been over 20 years since I watched the original movie so I don't even remember all the details. I think the fight scenes could be a little bit better given how well it was done in other Scarlett Johansson movies like Lucy, but overall I liked it. 7.5/10 for me.

Matrix Resurrections. It tries way too hard to milk the nostalgia. There is one really cool thing they did towards the end
where they had The Analyst move even faster than Neo's bullet time
but overall the fight scenes are not as good as Matrix 1. Too much quick cuts and shaky camera. If this wasn't a Matrix movie it would've just been a forgettable action flick. 6/10 for me.

Reactions: lip
And done. Felt like fanfiction wank bordering on self-parody. No time for this and no need for this. 3/10
The new Morpheus as a hip self aware dude went on my nerves in a instant, same for the bland Mr. Smith clone. Also, the drawn out scenes with the game developer team were cringy AF. And I truly hate fast cut fight scenes. Nice CGI, but that's about it.

Yea, the new Morpheus and Smith wasn't great.
I would rather they just have them literally named as Morphesus 2.0 and Smith Jailbreak or something, to differentiate them from the original characters. But they went so hard to milk the nostalgia they even had flashbacks of the original Matrix movie scenes with these characters. That just invites a direct comparison and they don't compare well.

Reactions: lip
I am going to have to rewatch it, I noticed Christina Ricci was in the credits and I didn't notice her in the movie.

^ Went by me too, didn't even recognized her. She's the gaming company head. One scene.

Don't Look Up. I enjoy some dark comedy and this movie is pretty good for the first hour or so, then it just drags on and hits you over the head with the allegory to the climate change propaganda. I don't mind that too much if it didn't affect the movie's pacing, but it just drag on and the events became really predictable at the end. Still, the acting was good, the CGI was good for a Netflix movie, overall 6/10. Just like Matrix 4, it's a forgettable movie to me. My favorite disaster comedy is still Seeking a Friend for the End of the World.

It is more of a satire than a dark comedy.