Last movie you saw?

I'm currently watching "Troll".

This film is a love letter to "Jurassic Park"

You'll need a VPN if you're outside the US, but there seems to be a list of free movies on youtube available.

First one is "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" which is a movie I have never seen, so why not now?

You'll need a VPN if you're outside the US, but there seems to be a list of free movies on youtube available.

First one is "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" which is a movie I have never seen, so why not now?
Good choice, that movie is a treasure.

I just watched Knives Out, finally.

It is really an utterly brillant movie. And very refreshing in that it has no graphic violence or romance scenes at all, just concentrates on the whodunnit plot and the character studies.

9.5/10 easily, and the missing half point for a ten is just because I basically never give a ten.

Top Gun: Maverick 6/10

I will say, I am not a huge fan of the original movie. It was entertaining, but I would rather watch something better. Beyond that, if you like the original, you will probably enjoy this.

What I didn't like below.

Eh, I liked it, but it was also annoying. The first thing that was annoying is the steady dribble of things that they tried to duplicate from the original movie. We got it, this is a sequel, the first movie was iconic.

There is also a bunch of plane related things that I found annoying. I will not annoy you with all of the things I could nitpick. The one thing that really got me is the main plot though. What "enemy" country would be working towards enrichment of uranium and has fifth gen fighters? How many countries have fifth gen fighters? Nevermind that this place is so remote and tightly defended, that a few missiles are not able to do the job the "ancient" aircraft are thee only way to complete the mission from an aircraft carrier.

Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery.

This was a very fun experience, much more so than I had hoped. Weird ending though, it broke my suspension in disbelief somewhat.

Also:
The stated location of the island is the Ionian Sea, and the difference between high and low tide in that area is at most 40 cm.

I agree, it is a fun movie. Better in some respects to it's predecessor (Knives Out), but different enough to stand on it's own.

If you liked Glass Onion check out:

View: https://youtu.be/CA_BgKoCXpo
Screenplay written by: Anthony Perkins (Psycho)& Stephen Sondheim
(Seen here in Glass Onion)
glass-onion-cameos-stephen-sondheim-angela-lansbury.jpg

Last edited:
Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery.

This was a very fun experience, much more so than I had hoped. Weird ending though, it broke my suspension in disbelief somewhat.

Yeah, was quite quirky for 3/4 of the run time, after that the movie totally lost me. = Overall 5/10

+ I do love it when movies show the same scenes from different perspectives, that part in the middle of the movie was awesome!
- I can't stand these stupid smokeless CGI fires! That large room would be full of smoke in an instant, not just by the fire itself, but also because of smoldering via radiant heat.

pasted-image-0-8.webp

See how they run (2022)

Stupid title, better movie. But not as good as I had hoped. 5/10

- Lead actor is a miscast, he just doesn't fit the role. Let the english play the english, I say.
+ The police girl is cute and quirky. She basicly has to carry the movie.
+ The decor and the scenery is cosy.
- The movie takes over an hour until it picks the pace up a bit. Almost gave up on it around the middle, good thing the girl was grabbing a shovel at that moment.
- Towards the end I basicly lost my interest about who the killer was. Meh.

Last edited:
5/10? I thought it was above average and I enjoyed it.

Reactions: lip
I wanted to watch Guns Akimbo, bzut Netflix only offered the German dub, so I turned it off almost immediately because during the first longer dialogue, I could tell that I wouldn't be able to stomach that.

So I watched RocknRolla, a Guy Ritchie movie with a pretty impressive cast. Nevertheless, it felt like just another Guy Ritchie does London gangsters film. Maybe one needs to be more immersed in the culture to properly enjoy it.

4/10.

Reactions: lip
So I watched RocknRolla, a Guy Ritchie movie with a pretty impressive cast. Nevertheless, it felt like just another Guy Ritchie does London gangsters film. Maybe one needs to be more immersed in the culture to properly enjoy it.

4/10.

4/10? RocknRolla is easily 8/10.

Watched Redline again the other day, still an incredibly fun watch even after seeing it 3 times
I dont know this movie, when did it come out?

Untitled-design-2022-07-06T142256.460-1200x630.jpg

Amsterdam (2022)

Quirky, wierd, but very beautiful. A bit too long, but picks up in the last third. The story is simple, but told in a artsy and a bit complicated way. 6/10

Btw, movie makers: Stop the damn narration, it's a movie not a radio play. And if you have to do flashbacks, make them snappy and short. Thank you.

I dont know this movie, when did it come out?
came out quite some time ago, Its essentially Whacky Racers but as an amine and with a weird side plot involving intergalactic war crimes.
Its one of the few films I actually enjoy watching more than once, its very fun and high energy. Definitely recommend

The Green Butchers, a Danish film and of course a very, very black comedy.

It was certainly an interesting movie, and in a good way. But "what the fuck" is also an appropiate reaction. :D

Starting as a teenager, my family started frequenting a Chinese restaurant. We would go there for celebrations lile birthdays. We went there to celebrate when my parents sold the house. Even though I moved out-of-state 20+ years ago, every time I would fly back home, I would time my inbound flight so that we could stop there for dinner on our way to my parents' home, and my flight back out timed just right to get lunch in the way back to the airport. Through all of those years, I only ever ordered one thing, their cashew chicken, except for one time...when I regretted it because it just made me crave the cashew chicken.

I recently heard the restaurant closed. Even though it hadn't been quite as good the last 5 years or so, it still felt like a family friend died.

One night, I was feeling wistful, and was randomly googling articles and reviews about the restaurant, and found a clip of a documentary about the restaurant.

It turns out that someone who worked there as a delivery person was a film student, and made a documentary about the family for his thesis, named after the restaurant, Yen Ching.

I found an interview with the director, found his name, website and emaill address, emailed him asking if there was any place to rent or buy a download, and he gave me a link and password to watch it online.

As far as an interesting/entertaining documentary, I don't think it would earn any sort of fandom, but it did paint a picture of the life of the family who took over the restaurant those last few years. Some uncomfortable-to-watch scenes (dad getting upset about mom's religious beliefs, kids not helping the restaurant as much as the parents would like/need, staffing issues at the restaurant (to the point of spending $3,000 more on dishes so they could fire their unreliable dishwasher and still have enough dishes to make it to the end of the day, and then just spend a few hours wishing dishes himself after closing time), and language barriers. The opening scene of the movie is one if the sons trying to call GrubHub to get their menu changed, but as simple as it sounds, I just wanted to shout at the screen to help translate for him).

So while I wouldn't recommend Yen Ching to a casual film watcher, it's an honest "slice of life" documentary, and speaks a bit to the Asian immigrant experience. It's as professionally edited and cinematograph...ed as any other film of it's type, not not a particularly ground-breaking subject