Last TV show you saw?

DanRoM

Forum Addict
Car(s)
MX-5 ND, Tracer 900 GT & two bikes
I don't think I could come up with a more uninteresting, low-effort, generic-sounding name for a show. :lmao:
I am with you on that, I felt the same. Very lame. It took me a recommendation by some friends - and the will to give a Spanish show a shot at all - to actually watch it.

The original Spanish title "La Casa de Papel" translates to "The House of Paper" and is positively lyrical in comparison. In Germany it's called "Haus des Geldes", which means "House of Money" - very similar and actually working better than a literal translation of the original.

DanRoM

Forum Addict
Car(s)
I also watched another show recently. Technically, that was before Money Heist, so I'm late here...

Anyway, I'm talking about Deadwind season 1, a Finnish crime show originally titled Karppi. True to FG style, it appeared on my radar because one of the main characters conforms to the tradition of TV policemen driving a totally out of place private car instead of an appropiate and paid-by-the-taxpayer staff car. In this case, a BMW E31.
The series follows two police inspectors over ten episodes, solving the murder of a woman. It looks very Finnish - it's winter, mostly it's dark and snowy, and the characters don't voice much emotion. Although that could also be the German dubbing, which makes it sound like a school class has to read out the script while lacking any kind of motivation to do so.
Nevertheless, it looked promising. If it weren't for...
  • ...the involvement of the children. Both Karppi's own children and the murder victim's daughters contribute absolutely nothing to the plot, but manage to be annoying in every scene they are in (in case of the latter, the German voices really don't help). Additionally, Karppi being portrayed as a bad mother because of her grief over her husband and her thinking only about work comes across very heavy-handed. And again, contributes absolutely nothing.
  • ... the solution/plot twist. So, the show spent ten episodes on a international industrial conspiracy involving the company the murder victim worked for, the investigation itself triggered multiple additional deaths, and all along she was murdered by her stalker neighbour who turns out to know her from their teenage years, but now lives under another name? This came so out of nowhere and rendered the majority of characters and plot scenes, well, complete episodes, in the whole season absolutely irrelevant.
So, no, I won't watch the second season.

lexspeed1990

Car(s)
2015 Audi Q7 3.0T
I had so much fun watching Squid Game, it is definitely worth the hype. Koreans really know how to make a good story, I will not be a spoiler you guys should watch it.

RdKetchup

Snow Mexican Surender Monkey
DONOR
Car(s)
FoRS, Japanese touring triple
Finished Ganglands tonight.

A French (original title "Braqueurs") mini-serie on Netflix, only 6 episodes.

Absolutely loved it. I hope there is a second season.

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
'03 Audi Allroad
I've been watching Dark in an attempt to find something that catches my attention that's not an old top gear episode or something else I've seen multiple times before. Not working, but still a good show.

GRtak

Forum Addict
I just watched the final season of Goliath. Good series about a troubled lawyer who fights the good fight. It is not the most amazing thing ever, but it is good and worth a watch.

I also watched the third season of Sex Education. It is a really good series.

DanRoM

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Finished Ganglands tonight.

A French (original title "Braqueurs") mini-serie on Netflix, only 6 episodes.

Absolutely loved it. I hope there is a second season.
I needed just two evenings to binge through it. Brilliantly gritty.
For me, it's more Belgian than French, given that it takes place in Belgium. :D

To be honest, while I thoroughly enjoyed it, I'm not sure about a second season. Because not much is left after the ending of the first season. The openness of the ending disappointed me a bit - I was hoping for a definite conclusion.