Last TV show you saw?

Is Barry better than Breaking Bad? Objectively, no, I don't think so.

Do I enjoy watching Barry more? Yes.

images

In the same vein of Venture Brothers. Velma is good and I'm kinda glad it's now my litmus test if a person is chill.

The Gold - Great dramatisation of a gold heist

Oh man... I started Shrinking because I rather like Bill Lawrence's other stuff as well as Jason Segel. And because with the pandemic I started listening to the Donald Faison / Zach Braff Scrubs rewatch podcast (which is excellent, if you're into that) and they do recommend their buddy Bill's stuff all the time. It is frankly excellent, I love it.
But even though that's an apple TV+ series, they're only releasing one episode every friday like god damn linear TV what is this 90s!?!?!?! damn it! so now I have to watch something else to tide me over... which of course ended up being Ted Lasso. Ooof. I previously held off on that because I don't particularly like Sudeikis and I actively dislike soccer, but damn, that is also actually great entertainment. And not about soccer, that's just the stage in the background.

Oh man... I started Shrinking because I rather like Bill Lawrence's other stuff as well as Jason Segel. And because with the pandemic I started listening to the Donald Faison / Zach Braff Scrubs rewatch podcast (which is excellent, if you're into that) and they do recommend their buddy Bill's stuff all the time. It is frankly excellent, I love it.
But even though that's an apple TV+ series, they're only releasing one episode every friday like god damn linear TV what is this 90s!?!?!?! damn it! so now I have to watch something else to tide me over... which of course ended up being Ted Lasso. Ooof. I previously held off on that because I don't particularly like Sudeikis and I actively dislike soccer, but damn, that is also actually great entertainment. And not about soccer, that's just the stage in the background.

The annoying thread is over that way.

Paramount does the same thing with all the series that they produce. Amazon released the last season of Mrs. Maisel over 3 weeks.

The annoying thread is over that way.

Paramount does the same thing with all the series that they produce. Amazon released the last season of Mrs. Maisel over 3 weeks.

I don't entirely mind it, actually. I'm sure it helps viewership because they can market a 10 episode show for 10 weeks and watch other stuff in between, while if they drop it all at once, they only get the marketing buzz for a few weeks and some people will forget to watch it.

I didn't realize it at first, but we actually sorta plan things around the new episodes of Last of Us, and in a way, we get a little spring in our a step like, "Ooh! New Last of Us tonight! I'll start dinner now then, so we're done by then."

Then, for shows that we do binge chunks, it's less of a commitment to start a show knowing there's only three so there's no temptation to blow a whole Saturday binging 13 episodes of something. 😅

Knowing nothing about Kevin Can F--k Himself, I was ready to turn it off in the first minute, but I was just handling raw meat, and didn't want to wash my hands so it kept playing. Still in the first episode, but glad I (was forced to) give it a chance. It's more a show my gf normally likes, but I appreciate the sort of satire/surreal take.

Last edited:
One of my favorites when growing up. I'm sure I could understand it better now though.
I saw snippets of it in the 90s. I heard harmonicas days ago so I looked Northern Exposure if it received a blu-ray remaster. True enough there was one. :)

Would have been awesome to binge on during the last 3 years of COVID.

That's an intro with an impact. Didn't recognize the name and I remember nothing that happened in that series, but just that thumbnail brought back the imagery in the intro instantly. :D
When I find myself visiting family in Washington state I will make efforts to visit the shoot location of that series in Roslyn, Washington.

I am really blessed that my 1st time watching this was via 2K blu-ray remaster.