Last TV show you saw?

stiggie

pop
Car(s)
Golf GTI
We have a thread for people to talk about the latest movie they've seen, so I figure we need one for people to rate, review or recommend what they've been watching on television.

I've just finished watching the eight-episode British mini-series Broadchurch. It stars David Tennant and centres around the investigation into the murder of an eleven year-old boy in the fictitious coastal town of Broadchurch. It is a high quality production that is brilliantly written and performed and I would recommend it highly.

936824_10152747437115389_800450165_n.jpg

I watch a show called "The Newsroom" by the creator of the West Wing series. It is an interesting look back in time wrapped around a drama.

Had an Orange is the new Black marathon on Netflix last week with the entire first season. I would probably give it a 8/10.

I am currently working through House of Cards also on Netflix. The first couple of episodes were very good, but halfway through the first season it is becoming a little less interesting. 6.5/10 on average so far.

32535.jpg

Family Guns just ended on NatGeo. I like it, and I get to see some cool weapons fired. I only watch Discovery, History and NatGeo on TV.

I've been watching Brian Cox' nature documentary series The Wonders of Life. It looks at how the laws of physics have shaped the natural world. Its an interesting new take on a genre that usually focuses on biology.

Iron Chef America. Balls out cooking, but for especially interested only.

The 'Enterprize' reruns on CBS - caught every episode so far, just got on to season 2 I had forgotten how good the series was. Oh and T'Pol - nice bum indeed.

Had an Orange is the new Black marathon on Netflix last week with the entire first season. I would probably give it a 8/10.

I am currently working through House of Cards also on Netflix. The first couple of episodes were very good, but halfway through the first season it is becoming a little less interesting. 6.5/10 on average so far.

Those are excactly the last two I've seen, though in reverse order of you :)

I'd probably rate House of Cards a little higher than you, I thought it was very good.

Orange Is The New Black was very entertaining, some great characters.

All in all, I think Netflix is doing an excellent job of providing some quality shows. I like their way of doing things.

Just finished Six Feet Under after watching it off and on for a few years. The show on the whole is just shy of a masterpiece IMO, but the finale...good lord that was just amazing; best one I've ever seen (better than The Wire and The Sopranos).

My girlfriend and I are watching The Good Wife. It's a legal drama centered around Alicia Florrick, the wife of Chicago's former DA Peter Florrick. She has to get back from being a gated community housewife to working as a lawyer after her husband is arrested on corruption charges, more precisely enjoying the service of prostitutes provided and paid for by a shady real estate developer. The fact that her appearance at a Clinton-style press conference with her husband is as well know to all her co-workers as is a leaked phone sex tape between her husband and a prostitute is not helping in her quest to be seen as herself and not only as her husband's wife.

While I seem to miss parts of the series' appeal due to the fact that I have no first-hand experience of the women-specific issues the main character is confronted with, it's a (mostly) brilliantly written legal and political drama - it usually has a "case of the week" style A-plot with her husbands ongoing involvement in Chicago politics (getting out of prison, running for DA again, etc) and it's effects on her career providing the B-plot. The influence of David E. Kelley-style legal drama is evident all over it, up to the "eccentric judges" running gag from "Boston Legal" being copied 1:1 to provide additional tension or some rare comic relief.

The only two things I am really missing are a focus on office politics and a distinct visual style: Due to the fact that Peter's career, the connected Chicago politics and Alicia's family life take up a huge chunk of room, not even half a dozen of her law firm colleagues got any depth to them that goes further than token $character, but that's obviously the limitations of the one-hour network TV drama taking it's toll. The fact that the look of the series is entirely forgettable, with Kalinda the investigator being slutty-dressed in overknee boots being the only thing standing out visually in a sea of nondescript office and court sets filled with armies of people in business suits and dresses, is less understandable. If one looks at the visual style of "Boston Legal" or a "CSI"-style procedural, one sees what can be acheived if one tries to develop it's own style even within the limitations of genre TV.

The Newsroom, after catching up on season one. Season two flew by quickly though.

I really like the show and the behind-the-scenes feel is a lot of fun!

The Newsroom, after catching up on season one. Season two flew by quickly though.

I really like the show and the behind-the-scenes feel is a lot of fun!
If you like that then try this http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098781/?ref_=fn_al_ch_1a

Drop the Dead Donkey - you may not understand some of the stories within the show.

OK NOT the last thing but I am going to watch some shows on Youtube now I have remembered it.