Last TV show you saw?

I'm on season 4 or Parks and Rec at the moment. Really good, was expecting an Office knock off but it really captures the spirit. Helps that people that worked on The Office also work on this.
Parks and Rec is/was my jam. Loved that show.

Scrubs was great. Its a shame it was never given the support it deserved. The show was produced by one network and shown on another, so neither really wanted it to become too successful. It didn't get much advertising.

I just watched a new series on Prime called "Mad Dogs". It has a good cast and story line, so it is really worth a watch. I powered through the ten episodes in four days.

The most recent episode of Bob's Burgers. Love this show...have since the 3rd episode, when I realized it had become more than just "another Sunday Fox cartoon to watch just because."

The most recent episode of Bob's Burgers. Love this show...have since the 3rd episode, when I realized it had become more than just "another Sunday Fox cartoon to watch just because."

I actually started watching Bob's Burgers last year because of the Archer crossover episode and a friend who told me it was awesome. I love it as well. For me it was very weird at the beginning, because I kept thinking back to Archer while hearing Bob speak. Also I got annoyed at the stupidity of the Belcher family constantly, but on the second watch it all doesn't bother me anymore.

Making a Murderer

I basically rage-quit watching that series twice.

Still awesome, IMO quite neutral and fact-orientated. But quite unsettling to watch.
I came away from it all quite undecided if Avery is innocent or not of the murder - but I?m quite sure they didn?t have enough evidence and then went on and plant some, thus him not having a fair trial and thus being wrongfully convicted. Again, that doesn?t mean he?s innocent. But anyone is innocent until proven otherwise and if the state cannot prove (without a reasonable doubt) said guilt, someone should not be convicted.

childhoods_end.jpg

I caught the miniseries Childhood's End on Syfy. I don't usually watch anything on Syfy, but this was based on an Arthur C. Clarke book I read years ago, so I had to watch it. It was pretty good, all things considered. I wish they would have chosen Rendezvous with Rama for a miniseries though, that would have been great. And there were some sequel books, so they could have made a series out of it. Overall I'd give it a 7/10.

But anyway, while watching that they kept playing ads for a show called The Expanse, which looked pretty good.

the_expanse_001.jpg

I finally got around to watching all the episodes of that and I'm really digging it. The special effects so far are very high quality. And the story is intriguing too, it's been a while since I've felt impatient for new episodes of a show. The actors all seem pretty good too, except for the guy who plays the main character. He seems a bit wooden at times, but maybe that is just how he sees his character, I don't know.

Pretty good show though, I recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good space scifi thriller. 9/10

Fear the Walking Dead.

Not sure what I think.

I was really hoping the show was going to be more about the collapse of LA, and not just touching on the beginning, and then jumping ahead to neighborhood military "camps".

Well, who?s word weighs higher do you think? The New Yorker or mine? :bunny:

joking aside, the "quite" in front of the neutral is due to some of the arguments in the article. What I can tell you is that IMO the documentary doesn?t succeed in making Avery look innocent. If that was their goal, they?ve missed their mark quite a bit.
This is (as so many things) not black and white. If law-enforcement makes mistakes or are outright breaking the law - that does not mean the accused is an Angel who only spreads love and peace across the world.

The Profit, its a business show and last weeks episode was crazy.

These two butch lesbians have a marshmallow company and things were 'off' from the start. Marcus brought in a chef from one of his successful investments to advise and they couldn't give a fuck. (He's a man, back to that later)

They gave 10% of the company to an employee who was in cancer remission and they seem overly joyed to have her as a partner... After Marcus went away and spent $100k on equipment. Marcus comes back and the employee with 10% had been fired and she admitted that she was told to explain her cancer story to Marcus as it "makes him look good" and they never wanted her as an invester, just because they give her the 10% then take it back off her.

Marcus goes and sees them, and they have this convoluted story as to why she was fired and then... They admit they don't want a man's help and they used him for publicity and to get rid of her father who was bleeding them dry.

He says "you took my money"

"That's moot!!!"

Needless to say, like Amy's baking company. The internet has raped their Facebook/yelp/twitters.

Last edited:
the_expanse_001.jpg

I finally got around to watching all the episodes of that and I'm really digging it. The special effects so far are very high quality. And the story is intriguing too, it's been a while since I've felt impatient for new episodes of a show. The actors all seem pretty good too, except for the guy who plays the main character. He seems a bit wooden at times, but maybe that is just how he sees his character, I don't know.

Pretty good show though, I recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good space scifi thriller. 9/10

Endorse. Loved the first season, glad it's renewed for a second.

Meanwhile, I've watched every episode of this season of American Crime twice so far already. Even better than the last.

I went to see an exhibition titled "Digital Dementia" at a local museum (Dortmunder U) with the Dr_Grips today, and part of the exhibited art was, believe it or not, the series Black Mirror shown in a loop. The timing was good so we used the opportunity to watch the episode "White Christmas".

Holy cow, what a disturbing mindfuck. The technology shown and the impact it had on society was easily the creepiest thing I have seen (or read) in a very, very long time. Usually I listen to some podcast or at least music on the train, but not this time because I needed the way home (and then some) to process what I've just seen on a bloody TV show.

The Brits have some truly brillant writers, I must say. But after seeing this (and knowing something about the plot of I think the first episode), I really can't decide if I want to watch more episodes of this. If the rest of the series is anywhere near as good, it feels like something one should watch, even if one doesn't want to...

Last edited:
Better Call Saul. Currently watching "Rico" and I really like this show.

Too many awkward, poorly-written aspects.

Ok, so Al shows him the time portal, and tells him he needs to save JFK, for a better future. At no point did Jake ask how this was supposed to actually make the world better. Like...it looks like Al did all this research, but never explains how this chain of events is assuredly better than the current timeline.

Then Jake
uses his phone to distract the guy coming after him in the motel (wtf? Why would that be anyone's instinct?) and then throws it in the river (again, WTF? Why wouldn't your first thought after coming up with that dumbs hit idea be that it could wash ashore, or have it uncovered somehow.

They also didn't pick someone that looked at all like JFK, even in these far away perspectives.

I guess I also don't find James Franco to be anythings special, as an actor (not just in this, either). In fact, his delivery often takes me out of the scene.

I've only seen one episode, and didn't read the book, but I feel like I already know how it ends.

The book's always better. Everybody knows that. :p