Last TV show you saw?

Binged some stuff the last weeks:

Altered Carbon: fucking amazing
The end of the fxxxking world: same as above.
Hot Streets: somewhat fun, but not on the same level as R&M.
Devilman Crybaby: Holy fucking shit. probably the best anime i've seen on the last couple years.
Cleverman season 2: was good too, curious about season 3.

Halfway through the following shows:

Philip K. Dick Electric Dreams: Although i like some episodes. The lack of an overarching story makes it hard to pick up the remaining episodes due to fluctuating quality.
Counterpart: Amazing show that get's more interesting with every episode and pulls you deeper.
Flint Town: The sad story of how America is failing ... hard!

And the normal weekly shows:

Lethal Weapon: actualy more funny than you would think. They explain a lot of the backstory and it makes you very invested in the characters.
Blacklist: kinda getting bored with the show, but i can't get enough of James Spader.
The Magicians: Gets darker with every episode. Happy to know a 4th season has already be confirmed.
Lucifer: meh, it's no longer funny, and the selfcentered character of Lucifer is getting annoying. You would think that as the show progresses he would lose his selfish traits and become more "human", but no.

Adamar;n3547003 said:
Blacklist: kinda getting bored with the show, but i can't get enough of James Spader.
It has the same problem as many other long-running shows: The initial premise doesn't provide enough story for so many seasons. Blacklist ran out of juice in season 2 or 3.

And yet I'm still watching...

I got halfway through Season 1 of The Blacklist then got distracted. As HWF 3.0 hasn't seen it we started again tonight from the beginning.

Also Altered Carbon was excellent and seriously hoping for a second season although the odds are it may be with totally different actors next time around.

Jessica Jones season 2. Everyone says that is less good as the first season, but I think that is full of plot twists and emotional moments, I have really enjoyed it.

Yesterday i finished Tabula Rasa, even though it's a Belgian show, it got praised by various international news outlets when it was released on Netflix.
I liked it very much, untill the last episode when they just rush the rest of the plot in the last half hour.

Now starting The Terror, about a British navy ship is going through the arctic.
I'm very curious about it, as i'm a very big fan of Master and Commander and like navy/ship/pirate stuff a lot.

Last edited:
Altered Carbon. Not bad. Looking forward to another season if it's renewed.

I am watching "Flint Town" on Netflix. I am about 3 episodes in and find it quite interesting. I live in the area and I keep fairly good track of what is going on there, yet I am still surprised by a few things.

It is amazing how much Flint has changed since 1980. And this show show how bad it has become. There is a lot of blame to be spread around for the various causes of why this has happened, but that deserves it's own thread.

Caught the first two episodes of Shifting Gears with Aaron Kaufman last night. Could do with seeing more of the work going on with the cars and less of him jetting off to hob-nob with other car guys but I've always liked the guy and it's good to see him step out of Richard Rawlings' shadow to branch out on his own and apply a more cerebral approach to building stuff.

Rawling's should watch the show himself - Kaufman shows quickly how much more and better work you get out of your staff with support and encouragement than you do with threats and yelling.

Without a word of warning or a trailer, tomorrow starts the second season of Legion

All aboard the hype train!

legion-5ab64001c6635.jpg

Might mean... There was a trailer... But yeah. Looking forward to watching!

Adamar;n3547003 said:
Altered Carbon: fucking amazing

MWF;n3547101 said:
Also Altered Carbon was excellent and seriously hoping for a second season although the odds are it may be with totally different actors next time around.

NecroJoe;n3547923 said:
Altered Carbon. Not bad. Looking forward to another season if it's renewed.

Just finished it last night. I agree with the Belgian, fucking amazing is the best way to describe it.

Halfway through the season I bought the first two books of the serie (I believe there is a total of 4) for my Kobo e-reader.

I noticed that too, but everyone thought I was a dork for pointing it out.

Lost In Space is okay, but it is very predictable.

Binged the second part of Lacasa de Papel, or Money Heist for the non-Spanish speaking world.

Just an amazing show.

And this week i started Siren. Despite Wikipedia says it has a 91% approval rating on RT, it don't really like it.
The acting of certain characters is not convincing, and at moments the plot feels paper thin and too obvious.

Oh, and did i say that Legion season 2 has started?

I watched the first one and a half seasons of Broadchurch.
The first season was good, but suffered a bit from some of the characters. The second season suffered heavily from what I call "British TV sequel syndrome": Introducing more and more drama via implausible or simple out-of-nowhere character changes or an insane amount of contrived coincidences. Together with practically all characters being either unbearably whiny, idiots, or assholes that I couldn't care for, I took the drastic measure of quitting the series mid-season.

Black Z Eddie;n3548787 said:
Killing Eve: Likin' it. And, loving that assassin, Jodie Comer.

Oh yeah, that looks good. An i love them using actual languages instead of making everything in english despite the location.