Last TV show you saw?

First 3 episodes of The Boys season 2 are out :woot:

"Season 2! New and improved! Now with 50% more explosive decapitations, terrorists, S&M hookers, cults, and a new pine fresh scent! But wait, there’s more! 2X MORE blood, guts and gore than the other leading brands! This exclusive offer is available only on Amazon Prime Video! Don't Delay! Order now!"

Watching episode 1, it's going to be hard to not binge it!

Butcher short film:

What the fuck is with so many people in the film industry turning out to be disgusting freaks?
I've worked (in minor car-related jobs) on several Hollywood movies. The A-list in fromt and behind the camera is not treated like people, but like untouchable super beings that can't do wrong (you never talk directly to Steven, but only to an assistant director's assistant).
I do fully believe for example Weinstein actually thinking all these women he molested and raped wanted him, since no one ever said no to any request of his for years.

The Goes Wrong Show

It’s a filmed play where everything goes wrong. It’s on Amazon Prime Video.

The Goes Wrong Show

It’s a filmed play where everything goes wrong. It’s on Amazon Prime Video.

I wanted to like it, but a couple of episodes in, it's not grabbing m like the trailer did. I think I just need to get to the "sideways" episode, as that's what caught my attention in the trailer.

Last TV show I watched: Transplant. My girlfriend watches it, and I happened to be in the room. I don't know what it is about this show, but even though every character is speaking english, I swear that all of the dialogue sounds like it's dubbed into English. I've come up with a theory: the show is made in Canada, right? Well my theory is that everyone in the original filming talked like the McKenzie Brothers, so to appeal to US viewers, they ADR'd everyone's voices.

The first three episodes of The Expanse season 5 are available, and they're very good. :love: I might have to rewatch them to get all the details. ;)

I saw that two would be available but three is like a Christmas gift a week early. :p

I've got two hours essentially off work this afternoon as we're having a remote Teams party thing and then I know what I'll be doing this evening.

Good thing I am off work since Monday until the end of the year. I just didn't have the opportunity to use my vacation days throughout the year, plus I had overtime I had to take. This way I watched all three episodes in one go, now for the long-ish wait for the next episode...

Watched the first two episodes, will save the third for the weekend. Great start to the season.

Archer season 11.

It came out on Netflix Canada today, and I was done before lunch.

Nice to have him out of the coma and back to his old self.

One of my favorite seasons so far.

Watched "Song Exploder" on Netflix, specifically the NIN "Hurt" and R.E.M. "Losing My Religion" episodes. I'm a bigger fan of NIN and Trent Reznor, but the R.E.M. episode was much better, I thought.

The show is sort of deep-dive into a single song. I watched NIN first, liked it enough to watch the R.E.M. episode which was excellent...and then fell asleep during The Killers episode. I watched about 2-3 more minutes of 3 more episodes, but the stories didn't seem very interesting, and their music isn't my taste anyway. I'm happy to watch something interesting even if I'm not a fan of the music, but...they just were not compelling stories. Maaaaybe I'll go back to the Alicia Keys one some time.

Over the past month or so, I watched all three seasons of Ozark. And now can't wait for the fourth and supposedly final season. Of course...

I really like the show. The premise is of course ridiculous, but well, as a viewer you know that going in. What nags me a bit is the amount of "serial escalation" applied over the seasons, but again, this is how TV shows work, especially with a continuous story arc.
The really good thing about this are the characters. Of special note are Ruth and the Byrde children - the first is just astonishing to watch, and the latter are, against all odds (because they're teenagers) not annoying, on the contrary. For me especially, the main character is someone I can easily identify with - somewhat of an average middle-aged man.
Season 3 got the dark comedic element a little out of hand with the character of Sue and, probably unintentionally with the casting of that poor man's Keanu Reeves as Ben. But that's not to belittle the actor or the character - he's delightful to watch as well.

This show is definitely recommended to watch if you like crime drama with a subtle comedic element.

"The Wilds" on Netflix. I thought it was just a drama about teenage girls stranded on an island, and how they deal with it and each other. I wasn't even going to watch it, but my girlfriend turned it on while I was watching in the next room. Thankfully the plot is much more interesting. And I enjoyed most of it. Looking forward to (hopefully) a season 2.

Fuck yeah, Line of Duty season 6 has begun yesterday. This show is brilliant, provided you are not allergic to characters speaking in formal police terms very often. :D

I have to decide if I save it for binging or watch the eps as soon as possible after release.

As I am currently watching both Farscape and Veronica Mars (both for the first time), I might go for the binge option.

As I am currently watching both Farscape and Veronica Mars (both for the first time), I might go for the binge option.
News from that: Farscape is on the slow burner. It's on schedule once a week, having started with season 2 yesterday. I'm still undecided.

Veronica Mars - awesome stuff. Basically film noir meets a Buffy-style heroine in a young adult setting. I've binge-watched all four seasons and the movie that's placed in between the third and fourth seasons. One of the most loveable main cast ever. I mean, Joss Whedon of all people has been quoted to judge this one as perhaps the best TV show ever. It certainly was and is very underappreciated, that's why this post is a little bit longer.
I'm more than twice as old as the target audience, but I still found it highly captivating.

Well.... the first two seasons are utterly brillant. Good season arcs, very good characterization and the main cast plays well off each other.
Third season - lacking a bit. The college setting cannot replace the established high school setting and the group dynamics there. Still, good stuff due to the characters. One of my biggest complaints is the obvious car-related product placement that gives the heroine a car that's totally not her style (small crossover/wannabe SUV when she was driving not one, but two LeBaron convertibles before).

The movie - well, set during the high school reunion and relying heavily on references to the "old days". Sometimes it felt like they were ticking off a list. Still, the logical growing up of the main characters, now in their mid-to-end twenties, is... well, good. Veronica's progression and fall-back were played well. On the other hand, not good to see. Because grown-up Logan is just boring.

Fourth season - continuing the trend of the movie in a sense. The show doesn't really work when the heroine is just a full-time private investigator and all the earlier tension of her "normal life" getting in the way of her crime-fighting is gone. Also, Logan continues to be a watered-down version of himself. I recognise that all this is believable progression of life and people growing from teenagers to adults in their 30s, and as such it was in a way good to see, but it also robbed the series of important dynamics between the characters.
BUT the very end was just cruel. Not in the sense of being a bad story or badly executed (that too, a bit at least), just simply cruel. I realize that this being film/series noir, a happy ending would not be "right". But they went so much further than just denying the audience that. Playing a voice-over about the main character being the mentally strongest person ever, and on screen you see that this person has just been completely destroyed by what has happened in the finale...
Short version: Watch the first two seasons. If you fall in love with the show, think long and hard if you want to let it ram a knife into your heart in what follows.

Reactions: lip
We've been binging Cake over the last days...but none of the later seasons have really met our enjoyment of the first season. Aside from the live-action segments, I get a very "Spike and Mike Festival of Animation" sort of vibe from it, as it's a collection of sometimes surreal animated shorts.

The last show I watched was Bob's Burgers (might be one of my top 5 shows of all time? Maybe?). Unless...would you count a 90-minute "episode" of a series, available only on a streaming service, that contains almost a full movie, still as a "TV" show? If yes, technically the last TV show I watched was the Starcrash episode of MST3K. Someone posted a series of attractive 70s actresses on Imgur, and it included this photo of Caroline Munro who was in Starcrash, and was inspired to re-watch that MST3K episode.

Season 5.1 of Money Heist.

In short:

tlhTudx.gif

And also: They make us wait three months for the second half? "%§&%/$%§&$(!

The fifth season tells the finale of the saga and how the situation with the robbery escalates totally out of control at the end.
This makes for good action - the budget increase made possible by the massive success of the series so far is very obviously used to trash the set, thoroughly.
On the one hand, the plot makes kind of sense as the antagonists just go off the deep end because they can't take it anymore to be permanently outwitted by the Professor. On the other hand, this progression towards a grand action finale - and one of season length, it seems - throws the very premise of the show out the window: That this is NOT another US-style shoot-up-everything type of show. The low-key action of earlier seasons, which had the (anti-)heroes rely on wit, is just gone.
The fact that the show manages to throw in believable character moments is admirable - but I still find the radical change in tone rather off-putting. Nevertheless, can't wait for the second part...

Money Heist.

I've never even watched a trailer for this show, simply because of the name. If I took a week of intense, focused effort, I don't think I could come up with a more uninteresting, low-effort, generic-sounding name for a show. :lmao: