Last TV show you saw?

The 6th episode being the finale was a big surprise to me, I deliberately don't read the episode descriptions before watching them.

Keeping in mind I'm only in the middle of reading book 2, I really don't think they are finished with the story in Laconia at least, not after this big build up and a shot of the orbital structure waking up.

I did feel like they crammed too much into one episode though. At around 45 minutes in I thought the episode was done, so much had happened. It was only when it kept going that I checked the time and saw 15 minutes remaining. The 'fight' with Marco was over far too quickly and then suddenly we're in the future, apparently having fought off the other Free Navy ships they mentioned but we never saw. I'm surprised Medina didn't put up more of a fight.

Does this jump into the future also affect Laconia and Filip? I feel like we won't see Filip again.

I feel like we won't see Filip again.
The war ended with Naomi killing her own son, at least that's what she thought. If they don't bring the two of them together in whatever they plan for the future, having him abandon ship and surviving would be a total waste.

Reacher, on Amazon Prime.

For those not familiar, it's the TV adaptation of the "Jack Reacher" novels by Lee Child.

Released today, it has fortunately nothing to do with the movie adaptation acted and produced by Tom Cruise.

Unlike the movies, it is very true to the first book (at least episode 1 is).

I will probably binge that serie over the weekend.

For reference:

Jack Reacher in the books: 6'5" 250 lbs.
Allan Ritchson: 6'2"
Tom Cruise: 5'7" 😂

Edit: Finished it in one day. I guess I liked it.

Last edited:

For those not familiar, it's the TV adaptation of the "Jack Reacher" novels by Lee Child.

Released today, it has fortunately nothing to do with the movie adaptation acted and produced by Tom Cruise.

Unlike the movies, it is very true to the first book (at least episode 1 is).

I will probably binge that serie over the weekend.

For reference:

Jack Reacher in the books: 6'5" 250 lbs.
Allan Ritchson: 6'2"
Tom Cruise: 5'7" 😂

Edit: Finished it in one day. I guess I liked it.

I am also enjoying it. I also like a woman that prefers a Zagnut.

Murderville

I don't see it lasting anymore than maaaaybe 1 more season after this first one, but it's amusing enough.

Anxiously awaiting the MST3K new season starting in March, though.

Much enjoying Legend of Vox Machina on Prime at the moment. It's an "animation for adults" heavily leaning into anime, based on the first campaign of Critical Role, the DnD stream that's been quite popular the last couple years. Full disclosure: I've been watching Critical Role for a while, and backed LoVM when it was a Kickstarter project way back.

Imho the first two episodes are a bit rushed pacing-wise, but still serve as a good introduction to what the party is about for people not familar with Critical Role to begin with. In episode 3, the "proper" story begins, and the pacing and overall quality picks up greatly - and continues to be great through episodes 4-6, released yesterday. There will be a total of 12, with the next batch of 3 released next Friday and then the final 3 a week later. Much looking forward to those.

I am also enjoying it. I also like a woman that prefers a Zagnut.

I finished it over 2 days. Well worth the watch.

I pretty much binged it over the weekend and saved the last 2 episodes for today.

It's a live action version of Brock Samson, with some ridiculous nonsense about guns, martial arts and in general, but still fun to watch.

Alan Ritchson's charisma helps a lot.

Reacher is too much cartoon like.

I'd give it a C or a D.

Only two and a half decades late, I've binged through Star Trek - Deep Space Nine over the winter.

Very good, far better than anything else I've ever seen from Star Trek. Just the very end (the Dukat arc) felt a bit like an afterthought. Not very convincing, felt tacked on despite the overall theme of it being an integral part of the overall story.
But over the series as a whole, the amount of contiuous arc as well as the fact that it embraces a grayscale with regards to morality really elevates it above its contemporaries TNG and VOY. Which I've never really followed and after having seen DS9, probably never will.

Oh, speaking of Star Trek: The current season of Discovery is on. And like the previous seasons, it's visually impressive, I like the characters, but: The show feels more and more like the writers spend most of their time inventing some technobabble that will look impressive on screen.

The show feels more and more like the writers spend most of their time inventing some technobabble that will look impressive on screen.
This, to be honest, sounds like an adequate description of two thirds of TNG.

The first 3 episodes of "The Boys" season 3 are out :dance:

I just watched the 12 Monkeys series, an adaptation of the movie, but also very different. The first real difference is the Brad Pitt character, Jeffery Goines is now Jennifer, and not the leader of the 12 Monkeys. This allows for a more diverse story and characters.

The cast is solid and the show is full of pop culture references that are often quite fun. If you like the movie, I think that you will enjoy the show.

8/10

. If you like the movie, I think that you will enjoy the show.

I liked it well enough, but see them as two, very different things. Sort of like the difference between the movie and the book for The Shining. The TV show definitely goes more "sci-fi" while the movie is, and feels, more psychological. Though I do feel like I need to watch it through again. I watched it as it was released, and the long gaps between seasons were *very* disorienting, even with short recaps before starting a new season.

I'd go 7/10, but maybe I'm being more harsh because the movie is one of my...maybe top 5 or maybe 3 favorite movies of all time.

Deadwood and the follow up movie. Wow, lots of swearing and racism! LOTS! Oh, and women are treated terribly. If you can look past all of that, well, there are a few good actors that make it interesting at times.

6/10

The Offer. This is a limited series about the making of The Godfather. This is better than it should be. Well shot, good actors, and a good story. If you are a fan of the movie, you will definitely like this. If you have never seen the movie, you will want to.

8/10

The Terminal List

Good:
The confused memories bring an interesting twist. But it's not taken far enough, it never leads to a bad consequence.
Technically very well done:
- Proper sound and interior cabin for the Pilatus PC12
- The use of a Gulfstream V is correct for a high level government official
- Good gun handling

Plot holes:
When interrogating agent Holder, Holder says he just pass infos to Saul Agnon, yet he know the code of RD-4895

Minor technical faults:
- Clearing a house with the magnifier up
- Picking a door but using the turning tool as a pick or giggler, and the pick as the turning tool (I'm an expert, I watch the lockpicking lawyer)

Overall enjoyable revenge thriller. 7/10

Last edited:
Watched the Terminal List over the weekend. well paced, interesting characters played by good actors, good cinematography with some intense action, it has actual story. I'd rate it higher than 7 because I have no idea about guns or lockpicking :p

Watched the Terminal List over the weekend. well paced, interesting characters played by good actors, good cinematography with some intense action, it has actual story. I'd rate it higher than 7 because I have no idea about guns or lockpicking :p

My reason for a 7 (I had originally put an 8) is not because of those 2 issues (I just found them funny), rather because:

There is no bad consequences to his memory issues or any of his actions really.

He mistakenly remember the eyes of a killer, but the error had no consequences, the guy is still a bad guy and can be killed without any moral dilemma.

Blow Up the side of a mountain to escape, burying a cop with you? No problema, revive her, you are still an all American hero till the end.