Latest spy photo of new 2009 Porsche Panamera

that hatch has the same problem that the Chrysler Crossfire had, other then that its not too bad, BUT the hatch is a gigantic problem looks wise.

Well, everyone knew what it was going to look like from ages ago so... was anyone expecting a miracle or something? :lol:

What a soul-less car.

Heh. When Porsche took control, they really should have scrapped this idea and glued an Audi badge to the front and back.

Well,to be honest - I don't think it is that bad. It's not beautiful but also not ugly. There are much worse looking cars out there. This for example:

2004-Maserati-Quattroporte-FA-Studio-1024x768.jpg

or this:

ferrari-612-scaglietti-show-front-800.jpg

So as long as Maserati and Ferrari make uglier cars than the Porsche Panamera, I don't see a problem - if you exclude the usual design-hypocrisy and consider the standard "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" notion, that is :p

Last edited:
I have never ever seen a person buy a Porsche, because he is a snobby idiot. All I have seen and known, bought it for the fun of it.

It's true, though, that with owning a Porsche the whole world secretly envies you and therefore begrudges you owning one.

You don't have that problem with Ferrari or Lamborghini or Aston Martin, because those are simply too rare and exclusive for such a negative perception and also take profit from their "aura of imperfection", so to speak.

It speaks for the cars Porsche makes, that in spite of the bad image they still sell like sliced bread (compared to other sports cars in that price area).

I must admit, I'm dreaming about owning a lot of cars. But when I have an attack of soberness and rationality, I always have to admit to myself that I would rather spend my money on a 911, than on a Gallardo, a 430 or a V8 Vantage.

I have no idea how the Panamera will sell. But design is definitely not the issue. Otherwise the Cayenne wouldn't sell either (which I believe is not as ugly as opinion maker Clarkson has convinced Top Gear fans to believe). Instead it has become very profitable for Porsche.

I don't see the market yet for a 4-door-4-seater sports car. That kind of cars has rarely sold well. But if one company can change that, then in my opinion it's Porsche.

I have never ever seen a person buy a Porsche, because he is a snobby idiot. All I have seen and known, bought it for the fun of it..

Take a look around Munich then. I've seen so many 55 year old rich women driving Porsches, and I severely doubt they drive it for the fun.

Though you do of course have a point, when it comes to great driving, and fun, the 911 is simply one of the best choices one can make, and certainly many people do that as well.

The horror...the horror.

This car has a massive arse. and not in a good way.

Take a look around Munich then. I've seen so many 55 year old rich women driving Porsches, and I severely doubt they drive it for the fun.

Well, Munich is even strange to the surrounding Bavarians ;) I wouldn't take Munich has a representative example of the German society - in any way ;)

Well, Munich is even strange to the surrounding Bavarians ;) I wouldn't take Munich has a representative example of the German society - in any way ;)

Pretty much every high end manufacturer's sales go people that want to show off their wealth or just own something expensive. There's a Porsche dealership very close to my house and I honestly doubt that many of the customers there know that the 911 has its engine in the back...

There's a Porsche dealership very close to my house and I honestly doubt that many of the customers there know that the 911 has its engine in the back...

Why? Are they all deaf? :mrgreen:

There are much worse looking cars out there...This for example:
[photo of a Quattroporte]
So as long as Maserati ... make uglier cars than the Porsche Panamera

So...you're saying that this Panamera is better looking than the Maser?

Yeah...um...you can just go ahead and leave, then. Feel free not to come back. Hope you enjoyed your stay.

Well, frankly I think that the Maserati Quattroporte looks at the front, like the Chrysler Crossfire from behind: Like a dog doing.... you know what ;)

reputation comment said:
And you can just do that thing, your avatar does! This community really lacks a friendly tone of conversion!

No, what we need is people who have a sense of humor, can tell when someone just giving a good-natured ribbing and have the cajones to sign their comments.

No, what we need is people who have a sense of humor, can tell when someone just giving a good-natured ribbing and have the cajones to sign their comments.

Yes, instead of aiming towards something semi-tangible, we need to throw out our member base. The first things we need to do it to get some refrigeration in hell, make sure only humble people buy fancy cars, and implement the evil bit functionality in TCP/IP.

Duke Nukem Forever is available immediately.