Latest surprise

Hidden_Hunter

Needs more IceBone
Car(s)
'13 BMW 125i, '26 Buick Standard Six
Thought this might be a bit of a fun thread

What is your latest technology surprise? It can good or bad - something could of been way more awesome than you were anticipating or it could of sucked hard

I'll start off, Windows Phone 7 "Mango" wow can I just say Microsoft have a winner on their hands here, so smooth and everything just works (integration works amazingly well) oh did I mention smooth. About the only thing I can find missing is tethering

Google buying Motorola Mobility for $12.5 billion.

Just upgraded my Athlon 435 x3 to a Phenom 925 x4. The 435 is stock at 2.9 ghz where the Phenom is at 2.8, both vid's were about 1.25. I had the Athlon running at 3.5 with 1.41v with I think, 2250 northbridge. Well dropped the the Phenom in, set the fsb to 250x14 raised the voltage to only 1.32v and poof, 3.5 ghz stable with 2300 mhz northbridge and much cooler temps.

I couldn't believe the Phenom with an extra core and level 3 cache could be stable at the same clocks as my Athlon with considerably less voltage. Well spent 80 bucks I guess.

CyanogenMod himself has joined Samsung's software engineering department. There is almost no way I'm not getting a GSII now.

CyanogenMod himself has joined Samsung's software engineering department. There is almost no way I'm not getting a GSII now.

Shit.

I was trying not to.

On other news, 11 months after regular use and abuse, my screen has a scratch. Thank you, Gorilla Glass.

I have a remote control powered tailgate on my accord estate - so cool, it's brilliant! NB I am easily pleased.

Germans can't tell the difference between an iPad and a Galaxy Tab.

My speakers actually work!