Latest two Fifth Gears stuttering?

phandl

The last two fifth gear episodes released seem to stutter on my windows media player... the audio is fine, but the visual picture kind of shakes every 5 seconds... is this the file itself? Or just my computer?

All my other videos and car episodes work fine.

Eeek, thanks for reminding me that you need XviD to view these!

www.xvid.org

yeah i downloaded and tried to play the most recent fifth gear videos and they stutter really badly. the audio is perfectly fine though, the video is just putting me into epileptic seizure haha.

i have all the up to date codecs including xvid and the top gear and other videos work fine for me. any idea what the deal is?

edit: i downloaded xvid from the site listed in this thread but didn't know how to install it manually b/c it doesn't come with an executable or install file. i already have xvid though and the 5/10 fifth gear plays fine, it's just the 5/17 that stutters.

Hi!

No matter what problems you experience, there is always one solution:
The VLC Media Player! :D

cya
Oli

WMP with divx codecs work fine.. why intall ANOTHER program..

I hate having 50,000 programs :evil:

yeah both videos work fine now, i don't know what it was. it seems like the xvid codec sometimes gets in the way with the divx and avic3 and other codecs where i'll just have to reinstall the codec i need and everything works fine.

fifth gear hasn't been that good lately though. top gear is soooo much better imo

thank you for this info... i should look through the forums a bit more before i make a silly post about this exact problem in another thread... :oops:

EDIT: i still can't get the May 17th episode to work on my WMP9 Or my DivX Player... and i downloaded the source files for the Xvid codec and the xvid installer from that DivX Digest website...

Whoops, LOL, this is probably my fault I did these and I don't have divx encoder only xvid on my machine, there are so many different variants of xvid even though you think you have it installed you may have the wrong one, I think Viper has pointed to the right one though. You may have to disable you firewall to get it though because of some refer thing?

I get it from here

http://www.roeder.goe.net/~koepi/xvid.shtml

Alright.

oliB said:
Hi!

No matter what problems you experience, there is always one solution:
The VLC Media Player! :D

cya
Oli

I don't have the problem, but I tried this VLC media player today.
It's nice, but:
- It doesn't respond to my media keys on my Logitech keyboard.
- It locked up on a WMV video where PowerDVD didn't.
- After watching a few videos, it started to open multiple instances of itself of the last video I played :? .

I'm gonna stick with PowerDVD 5 for now.

Well, VLC is not my preferred player, I only use it when encountering problems watching a video with WMP. :)

cya
Oli