Le Mans 24hrs 2015

Those Audis are just insanely strong, I can't believe he drove it home overtaking GT cars after such a massive shunt. I couldn't stop laughing when he went passed em.

Lucas Di Grassi in the #8 Audi just got himself back onto the lead lap after a big off an hour ago. The first eight LMP1-cars are within one lap, the Toyotas are in 6th and 7th place.

[edit]
And a new fastest lap by Albuquerqe in Audi #9 who is just 3 seconds behind the leader...
[/edit]

[2nd edit]
Albuquerque just made the fastest lap again at 3:17.647 which is quicker than the qualifying time...
[/2nd edit]

Last edited:
Running on fumes and being pulled by the Porsche.

But all's fair in love and war. :p

Did I miss anything interesting? Have missed the whole race to this point because I felt like I was dying.

A few shunts, 3 porsches bursting into flame and everyone treating this marathon like a sprint (like they have been for the past few years).

I think we may need to go to 48 Hours to cure the sprint disease. Technology has caught up to 24.

Didn't think it was physically possible, but it apparently sucks AND blows.

The Nissan ad that runs in each break is so out of place.

"Nissan - Redefining innovation"

Well if they by that mean pouring millions into making a LMP1 car that's slower than a LMP2 then they're right.

they would be even slower if they had :p

No, they don't have AC, but they do have ventilation. Toyota doesn't even have that.

Front wheel drive is bad when you loose front wheels.

So, it's a bit boring at the moment 3 1/2 hours before the end, the positions overall are pretty much set:
LMP1: Porsche #19 in front of Porsche #17, Audi #7, #8 and #9, then Porsche #18.
LMP2: KCMG #47 in front of G-Drive #26 and JOTA Sport #38 (those three are divided by just 2:20min)
GTE Pro: AF Corse #71 in front of Aston Martin Racing #95 and Porsche #91 (these positions are almost set in concrete now)
GTE Am: Aston Martin Racing #98 (overall just 23 seconds behind the GTE Pro leader) in front of SMP Racing #72 and Riley #53

[edit]
Porsche #91 is in the box at the moment and they've brought out the heaby tools now to cut away some of the rear right bodywork to free the rear right wheel which is somehow stuck. Might be a defective damper which locked up in "up"-position so the wheel doesn't clear the bodywork.
[/edit]

Last edited:
It might actually be on for the full 24 hours (not counting one time I lost internet for 2 minutes).