Le Mans 24hrs 2015

I'm screencapping the silverlight stream my IP TV lets me watch on their website. Next year I hope to have a usb powered streaming device and plug it right into the TV box, so it'll be HD.

Last edited:
how much data did you upload so far?

Haha, good question. Let's do some maths!

22.5 hours of streaming and the bitrate is set to 1.75 mbps. That makes it 0.22 MB/s over 81000 seconds, which ends up at... around 18 GB. Not that bad, actually.

Ouch, the GTE Am leader Aston #98 just crashed at the Ford-chicane, just 45 minutes before the end of the 24 hours...

That's a shame, it seems the car just went straight on when it should have turned right. I guess some component of the steering system broke and the car wasn't able to turn right anymore.

Last edited:
Win #17 for Porsche, 17 years since that last happened. :D

m15_1987_1.jpg

Last edited:
...and Porsche #19 (with two Le Mans-rookies!) won the 24h of Le Mans this year, 2nd is Porsche #17, 3rd Audi #7. The 17th overall win for Porsche.

LMP2: KCMG #47, JOTA #38, G-Drive #26
GTE Pro: Corvette #64, AF Corse #71, AF Corse #71
GTE Am: SMP #72, Dempsey #77, Scuderia Corsa #62

Well, they did finish in the end, but didn't get classified since they didn't do enough laps. The second Datsun retired.

Will be interesting to see what Audi is going to do from here. Is this a sign that they're backing off to put their time and energy into that rumored F1 team, or will they redouble their efforts to take back the top of the podium next year. I'm hoping for the latter.

Everytime Audi was put back by another team, they came back twice as strong.

Even if the win is basically within the same company...

for the boards of directors it might
for the people on the workfloor it's not

for the boards of directors it might
for the people on the workfloor it's not

Great race.

Problem for Audi is, can their system be upgrade to 8MJ like Porsche. And if not would Audi be allowed to build a similar battery system?

Will be interesting to see what BoP rules changes are announced post LM.

Great that Toyota said they are going to develop a better car.

It was a great race - but I missed the rain, a lot.

Awesome race, loved it, sad it's over.

My thoughts:

LMP1 - From the get go it was quite obvious Audi did not give it all in the quali laps, they steam rolled the pole time quite easily and it was obvious their pace can be quite awesome when all falls into place. That said, they seemed to struggle with more things compared with Porsche so every little hiccup slowed them right down to a pretty even pace with Porsche. Still, on pure pace, Audi were quicker IMO.
Porsche ran the perfect race with one car, and a near perfect race with another. Their pace seemed to suffer when the temps fell in the night but all in all it was pretty similar all race long. They ran smooth and safe and the Porsche reliability was beautifully mirrored in this race (well, at least in LMP1, 3 of their GT cars burst into flames...)
Toyota also ran a perfect race with 1 car and a near perfect race with the other, it's quite obvious the crew is there, the drivers are there, they just need a better car and they will definitely be a force to recon with.
Rebellion showed a lot of experience bringing both their cars in after all the trouble they had. They were racing no one though and that's never a good thing :/

LMP2 - KCMG ran an absolutely awesome race and it was required cause Jota and G-Driver weren't slacking at all, all 3 were actually 2nd only to the manufacturers in LMP1 banging in an impressive 358 laps.
Also, Oli Turvey's run at Sam Bird an hour to the end and snatching 2nd off him was seriously awesome.

GT Pro - Well after the Astons were outta it I didn't care much who will win but the #51 Ferrari sleeping in the garage for so long 2 hours to the finish line was pretty gut wrenching, and it killed the fight for first which was seriously awesome the entire race till that moment. At least they managed to get back in and keep 3rd. These cars were so quick some of the LMP2 cars had trouble over taking them. Congrats to Corvette, they raced a damn impressive 24 hour.

GT AM - Well, Pedro Lamy put the Aston in pole and raced like a crazed man for all his stints, he brought them to the final hour with a 3 lap lead over the competition, the entire team did an absolutely amazing job up to 45 min to the end when Dalla Lama decided to smash em into a wall and crush my heart with it. I REALLY wanted that car to win :( They did too good of a job to keep going straight into a wall for what appeared to be no reason (I have no info if it was a mechanical failure of driver error).
So, the lead was relegated to the SMB Ferrari who also gave it a great race and had the best pace of the rest in GT AM, they deserved second, managed to win, kudos to them.
Dempsey's car coming in 2nd is nothing short of a mircale, they brought home 2nd even with Pat Dempsey driving so very slowly. His first stint was alright, he was just about 4-5 seconds off pace, nothing you can't understand. His second stint was just ridiculous. He was 15 seconds off pace at some point and they got him out of there really as fast as they could. Pat Long and Marco Seefried probably drove about 20 of the 24 hours and they are more than deserving of 2nd place. Both were very quick when they needed to be and brought that car in 2nd in class even with the loss of at least 10 minutes with Dempsey at the wheel. Dempsey did run completely error free so I gotta commend him on that.

And that's it, another Le Mans comes to an end and I'm bummed I got nothing to wait for in the near time :/

Awesome race, loved it, sad it's over.

My thoughts:

GT AM - Well, Pedro Lamy put the Aston in pole and raced like a crazed man for all his stints, he brought them to the final hour with a 3 lap lead over the competition,
^
Not bad for someone with chicken pox!

Dempsey was in bits at the end, could see how much it really meant.

The defining moment of the Nissan effort for me was, at one point, faced with a brake job, a crew member staring blankly at the tool in his hand, then the brake assembly, then the tool in his hand, and then asking the guy on the other side of the car what he needed to do. Yes, it was stupid o'clock at night. But reaaaaaaaally!?

Yep

OTi9CBS.png