Leaked: 2009 Acura TL

http://img299.imageshack.**/img299/5950/2009acuratl1280a8294398ti5.jpg

Wow, even massive amounts of Photoshop can't polish this turd into non-ugly territory.

Are Nissan and Acura in some sort of secret competition entitled: "Who can design the ugliest sedan?" :lol:

Whats even more amazing is that they've managed to make a design thats both unimaginative AND unattractive! At least Hyundai had the decency to make the Genesis look good, while this turd just looks god awful from every conceivable angle...

Awwwwwwww, look at the special car! Now children, don't look at it and laugh..

:lol: That's awful.

The outside looks like the illegitimate lovechild of a BMW 5-series and an Opel/Vauxhall Astra...

And the interior looks like a cross-breeding of Mercedes and Audi.

I wonder why after all these years, the Japanese car makers are still struggling to create something genuinely attractive on their own, instead of taking ideas of others, put them in a mixer and present it to the market.

I mean, at least with their premium brands (which surprisingly aren't selling here at all - I wonder why?) they should be a bit more creative and tasteful.

Last edited:
http://img525.imageshack.**/img525/9634/09acuratlactr3450021451cq7.jpg
http://img525.imageshack.**/img525/4408/09acuratlactf3415002126aw6.jpg

You know, the more I look at it the more I see what they were doing. The shape of the boot lid and the grill echo each other and tie the design together, as do the shapes of the head- and tail-lamps. They could have toned down the angles of the back a bit and those red reflectors look out of place, but I don't think it's the turd everyone seems to think it is. The grill isn't that much different than the current generation of Acuras and the pointy back end isn't really new either - I seem to recall seeing an Acura model with a very sharp back end, I don't know the year or model though.

Anyway, here is another shot from a more realistic angle.
http://img368.imageshack.**/img368/5848/2686937180d7555b627bkm4.jpg

WHAT ON EARTH IS WITH THOSE GOD DAMN UGLY GRILLS?!

The new Accord Euro/TSX looks hideous with that chrome thing they slap on there.. It wouldn't be quite so bad with a decent grill.

Chop off the front end, put the steering wheel at the back, and you've got an ugly hatchback instead of an ugly sedan! Seriously, the thing has two front ends. Only thing I like about the outside is those wheels, they're pretty cool.

The mid-section's nice, but the front (in particular) & rear are hideous.

Totally. The G8 is sort of the same IMO, it looks really nice from the side, but god the front end is just brutally bad (which also happens to be the only part that Pontiac changed IIRC, Pontiacs all have hideous front ends man... but I'm just really OT here)

edit: ROFL, fuck whoever neg repped me for my opinion on the G8.

Last edited:
You know, the more I look at it the more I see what they were doing. The shape of the boot lid and the grill echo each other and tie the design together, as do the shapes of the head- and tail-lamps. They could have toned down the angles of the back a bit and those red reflectors look out of place, but I don't think it's the turd everyone seems to think it is. The grill isn't that much different than the current generation of Acuras and the pointy back end isn't really new either - I seem to recall seeing an Acura model with a very sharp back end, I don't know the year or model though.

How many beers did you need to drink it pretty for yourself? :mrgreen:

I never said it was pretty, I said I can see what they were trying to do and that the pointy back-end was not new for Acura. I also said it wasn't as hideous as everyone is making it out to be.

/reading comprehension FTW.

Looks like a Chrysler 300 raped a Mazda 3 hatch.

This is so sad, I absolutely love the way current TL-S looks :(
All they had to do was revise the styling a little bit add some power and bolt the SH-AWD system to it.

Is this the new Accord over here - I really hope not - yuck! The rear wheel is so out of proportion it's horrible. ....

This is so sad, I absolutely love the way current TL-S looks :(
All they had to do was revise the styling a little bit add some power and bolt the SH-AWD system to it.

If there is one thing Japanese design lacks, then it is consistency.

I mean hey... they managed to convince the world the Toyota Corolla is the best selling car ever, only by badging different cars with the same name over and over again for decades ;)