Leaked! Porsche 911 GT2 RS coming this September

Aiolos

Car(s)
2005 Toyota Rav4 :-/ (Mom's)
620 HP, 200 lbs. lighter = complete and total win :thumbup:

We don't have much in the way of details, but a singular shot snapped at a dealer event yesterday shows that the baddest Porsche 911 ever to grace the tarmac is coming this September.

According to a tipster, the GT2 RS will carry a price tag of 240,000 euro when it arrives later this year and will supposedly pack enough power to topple the Carrera GT. Earlier reports indicate that the revised GT2, recently caught testing at the N?rburgring, will put out over 560 horsepower and 530 pound-feet of torque. However, it's safe to assume those figures will be increased In RS trim and we can expect a fully-adjustable suspension, roll cage and possibly some active aerodynamics. The press introduction is apparently scheduled for May 14th, so official details on Porsche's newest rear-wheel drive road warrior should be forthcoming.

UPDATE: A forum member at TeamSpeed has some preliminary stats from the launch in Leipzig. The new GT2 RS is reportedly packing 620 hp and will come in nearly 200 pounds lighter than the current GT2. The 0-62 mph time is pegged at 3.2 seconds with a rumored 'Ring time of... wait for it... 7:22 ? the same as the Dodge Viper ACR.

[Source: TeamSpeed, GermanCarBlog]

Porsche911GT2RSGCB-400x300.jpg

A Porsche i actually want. 620 hp and RWD= WIN :burnrubber:

Okay, that actually does scare me just hearing about it. That's a lot of power to control a heavy back end.

All the weight reduction counts to nothing when you add the weight of the balls needed to drive this thing.

Remember when the x in Porsche GTx meant that was the racing class the car was legal for? I kind of miss those days.

Yeah, there are very few cars that actually scare me... actually it's pretty much this. Not sure why. But that is definitely a car I could kill myself to death in...very quickly.

It moved.

You'll need balls of granite to drive this thing fast. Because it will be mostly composed of:

2010-05-04_083559.jpg

and
2010-05-04_083805.jpg

meh .. he has a lisp..

Can't wait to see the first real pics!

I'm thinking only 8 people will ever manage to drive this car properly when it hits the road.

This.

Personally, I would want to have AWD with 630hp. Didn't the Stig prove that there isn't a big difference between the Carrera 2 and Carrera 4?