Autoblog: Legalize It: Horchaus federalizing non-U.S. Audis for North America

More info on the part not-underlined :blink:

Come to Texas, demonstrate that you live here and state that you have a vehicle titled in another state that you need to register. Fill out the provided form and your California-titled car (for example) can run around on Texas plates and inspection.

This came about because of people moving here from other states that were having issues getting lost titles from those other states but who had perfectly good cars they needed to drive.

what cars do they use as basis to make an XJ220 replica?

all the ones i can think about, i'd rather have in their original form than be made into a fake xj220

XJ220 replicas are usually built on bespoke chassis, like the Factory Five Cobras are, but they use parts from multiple donor cars, usually Jaguars. There's no 'base car'.

XJ220 replicas are usually built on bespoke chassis, like the Factory Five Cobras are, but they use parts from multiple donor cars, usually Jaguars. There's no 'base car'.

What engines do the replicas use? Is it still the JV6 or do they slot in another kind of engine?

I'm imagining right now a XJ220 replica with the big Jag V12 bored out to 7 liters and stuck in the back...

Well, if you can *find* one of the IMSA-series Jag V6s (not related to the ones in the S-Type or X-Type), sure, you can put them in.

More often they're found being powered by various V8s (including the AJ-V8) and the Jaguar V12.

Unfortunately, the 220 replicas (and the companies making them) seem to come and go and production is sporadic at best, last I heard.

Last edited: