Lens Flair

They're right, that's wubly.

IMG_9234.jpg

Oh yeah.

My brand spanking new but very used and scratched Panasonic Leica Summilux 25mm f/1.4 got baptised at the churchyard today.

death-01.jpg

The exact focus lies a wee bit close to the camera, yeah. But not by much, kudos for even noticing. :p

As for the DOF, this is what I'm usually on about when I talk about this shallow DOF malarky. Nothing wrong with a shallow DOF, but make it fit your motive. That motive would have looked very silly with an 85/1.2L wide open.

Yeah, I guess so. My biggest grife with that is that in my mind, street is an art where you put the person in a context. Generally speaking, I stop down for street photography. I find it a lot harder and more challenging to compose a photo with more DOF to get the elements just right, just banging on with a shallow DOF may look great. But it gets to detached for me.

But who am I to speak about shallow DOF? My photograhpic hero is Cartier-Bresson, and his thinking regarding focusing was stopping down to f/11, having his 35/2.8 preset to the hyperfocal distance and then capturing the moment.

I'm not trying to deny others the pleasure of shooting street with a large aperture, nor do I think it can't give great results. I just think it's a little to detached. The closer you get, the better. And getting close is all about getting closer to the perons soul (to quote HCB, "you should ideally be between a persons shirt and his heart").

Don't let my ramblings put you off anything though, we're all different. That's what's great with photography.

(And that's why I'd never think about calling HDR 'raep', you may have noticed that I really despise that word. :p)

There's only one thing I dislike as much as 'raep' comments, and that's it.

:)

I like it. It's clean, nice and clean.

:)

Great photo! :thumbsup:

Reactions: LP
I am finally done with a set...only has taken me about 4 months...got about 20 more to go...I'll be in grad school by the time im done :? :?

704696397_G8Ytq-XL.jpg

Last edited: