Lens Flair

pdanev said:
Nice shot lben. Though somehow with the sky being so bright, the rest of the picture seems a bit too dark to me. :)

Thanks! I'm still a PS newbie, so it'll hopefully be a bit better next time. I also edit on a very bright LCD flatscreen so what I see as normal, people usually see as a bit dark.

question for some of the ps pros out there. If i have a background that i want to brighten up, how would i do this?

I am very shakey with the lasso tool too... so whatever i try to lasso, it ends up being all messed up

I would first play around with levels & brightness, maeby dodge.
If you want to cut the BG you could use the extract tool, it's under some of the drop menus. It allows you to make a rough cut, then use the history brush set to point to the original picture to brush back the rough areas and remove the crappy parts with the eraser.. It takes some time but makes for great results!

Just a warning, the pics I post for the next few days will all be from a friend's 21st birthday, haha

http://img188.imageshack.**/img188/2959/lit5og.jpg

We had a very interesting sunset last night, unfortunately it was moving faster than I was. I only got the last bit of it, but here it is. My FTP was not working last night.

SunsetDEC12.jpg

Back into the fog (almost done):

(Yup, that's my beast - probably the most revealing view my car's got on this site)

My feeling on this picture, not bad, but would've been better without that porch light. Oh, and my car is white, not yellow! ;)

From last year's Brighton Speed Trials.

100_3370Small.jpg

It was a real fast grabshot as there was always someone looking inside.

isaacaiken - v. nice as usual!
And an orange lambo - sweet...

Okay, definately last of my fog shots for now - until the next fog maybe! :p
A few 'headlight in fog' shots... :)

I wasn't sure which I prefered, this one (not too sharp... :():

or this one (not such good mist):

A homage to Mancs... this is probably my favourite, but was also completely unintentional. I'm actually surprised at how well it came out... :)