Lens Flair

All of you who do portraiture photography, I am in awe of you. I can't do it. I don't have a knack for it. I have a knack for getting the WORST pictures of people. My hat is off to all of you.

X2 for the WDWBen shot! :D

67183868.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

:blush::wub::mrgreen:

Where and how do You get Your models from Eddie? :D

Where and how do You get Your models from Eddie? :D
Nowadays, mostly from ModelMayhem casting calls. I search for TF (trade) shoots. Basically, we shoot together and they get photos back. They don't pay me, I don't pay them. Parties involved (including make up and hair stylists if there was one) can use the photos for self promotion. Most of the models just use them to update their modeling page or for social media or blog.

Here's what the lists pretty much look like:
Casting Call
Travel Notice

When I do nude shoots, I'll hire them from the same site and browse through the member list.

I used to use Meetup.com a lot, but, they killed off a lot of the model photography groups. When I use them, these can be a pain sometimes because these are mostly 'group shoots'. There'll be a bunch of photographers to 1 model. But, this is how I started shooting and learning. Though, some of the groups have rules where there is no paparazzi style shooting. Everyone takes a turn every 5 to 15 minutes so you get 1 on 1 shoot.

Other sources people use to connect with models are Facebook, Instagram, and Craigslist. I don't use these, however.

Last edited:

Universe of Stars by Ben, on Flickr

This is what happens when your girlfriend heads home to visit her family for a week and you have a Disney annual pass, a new lens, and Harry Potter books on your iPad.

Reactions: MWF