Lens Flair

Finally got some time to experiment with my new SLR!
So here is something a bit different

http://img71.imageshack.**/img71/2707/img0162resize6nm.jpg

Did me first commercial outing, went to a local soccer tourny and took photos. My goal is to recoup my smugmug sign up costs :?

I really liked this one:
hlb_0499.JPG

I really like that image Whoster.

I had another go at HDR tonight and am quite pleased with the results.

Uncropped
Hill-HDR1.jpg

Cropped
Hill-HDR1-2.jpg

I personally like the uncropped version better.
Nice example of HDR. It's nice to see how the HDR images seem to be getting better over time as people figure out how to make the results look a little more natural. :thumbsup:

flamingice said:
Wow, those shots are awesom Jmiller! Did you use photoshop to compose the images, or something else?

I used Photoshop to edit my RAW images then used Photomatix to produce the HDR then I brought it back to photoshop and tweeked it.

Great shot Miller! The cropped version looks better to me, because you can see the HDR hasn't worked in the upper right-hand corner in the un-cropped shot.. :(

Spinning the bolo or whatever it's called.. :?

336.jpg

carwash11.jpg

not much photographically...

but that's me trying to get attention from passing cars for a carwash. (there's only one car passing, unfortunately)

Just a little chill in the park in this *&@#ing hot weather :) .

http://img47.imageshack.**/img47/6852/korlat3bu.jpg

rootrider said:
I personally like the uncropped version better.
Nice example of HDR. It's nice to see how the HDR images seem to be getting better over time as people figure out how to make the results look a little more natural. :thumbsup:

What is HDR? whatever it is it looks great in those two shots

HDR is merging multiple exposures of the same location/object/subject to get a balanced exposure instead of a blown sky and underexposed foreground (for example).

What does HDR stand for? Those images are quite striking though Jmiller.

It's hard being a dog
78239645-M.jpg