Lens Flair

2524469793_8522c00de3.jpg

Paddy, you tempted to try any shots of the cars drifting with the rig? I have always wanted to try a shot where the car would be sortof donuting around a cone, and have the rig shooting back at the car (from the front). I think that the lateral forces on the camera wouldnt be that high so it should work.
And im guessing the rig is a pain in the ass to remove in photoshop too lol!?

My one is mint for removing, five minute job, just have to be careful where I place it is all . We attached the rig to Erics car with a video camera on it and it survived up to the point where Eric took a clipping point cone out of it with the video camera. She won't budge like, only problem is firing the camera !

A quickie taken at a barbeque...

BBQCoal.jpg

Really? I thought that was the sea! :p

Great pic though.

Har har. It is a grove of spruces at my second home, reminds me of my family's land in Northern Wisconsin.

Have you noticed that with Nikon's, the reds and pinks are really saturated? I usually have to do -20 saturation in PS.

Adobe Camera Raw profile isn't adjusted to the white balance you're using most of the time. I've set up a preset in Lightroom that fixes that (which still leaves me with stuff to adjust, depending on white balance) and I run it as soon as I import an image. Shooting in jpeg does away with that, because the camera does the conversion already.

It's the same with all cameras, even the high-and-mighty Canons. It's just a by product of shooting in RAW.

Did a spontaneous shoot for Jill's best friend's boyfriend :)
http://img249.imageshack.**/img249/9089/lokkydesigns34zh6.jpg

Last edited:
Still too blue, man. You really need to tone down the PP. Shifted hue works at times, but not all the time, man. Your photos have great composition, but the colours ruin everything. :(

^ Naw I like Blue - OK I Confess I am Red Green Colour Blind.

EDIT/ One symptom is if you can't tell purple from blue easily then you have a problem with your red green sight.

Last edited:
^ ok, i must have color problems too, because it isnt too blue for me at all :S

I think Ice needs to calibrate his monitor a bit (TFT's usually have their image set up too bright and too blue), because that picture has a green hue, not a blue one.

edit: And it's not just my eyes playing tricks, if I do an auto color adjustment to the picture in photoshop and look at the histogram, it clearly tones down the greens and boosts reds and blues ;-)

I think Ice needs to calibrate his monitor a bit (TFT's usually have their image set up too bright and too blue), because that picture has a green hue, not a blue one.

edit: And it's not just my eyes playing tricks, if I do an auto color adjustment to the picture in photoshop and look at the histogram, it clearly tones down the greens and boosts reds and blues ;-)

Thanks man, glad you mentioned that, because the green tint was done on purpose. I was scared my eyes were fucked up between blues and greens ;)