Lens Flair

How are you holding your camera Jason? The lighting conditions of that last photo shouldn't have been too difficult. Try holding your camera with two hands. One cradling the camera, and the other pushing the shutter. Make sure you are standing completely still. If this still doesn't work, you may want to think about how you are breathing (breathing techniques can make your hands much more stable).

Also, if you hold the shutter button halfway down on your camera, doe it focus and light meter? Whenever I take a picture, I hold the shutter down half way for the camera to focus and meter, and then push it down all the way to take the picture. That way the camera doesn't have to focus, meter and take the picture in one split second. I find my pictures always come out better that way.

You can use a tripod like this one. It's flexible, and you can have it in your jacket pocket, or your laptop bag, if you carry one.

^ That is practically the exact camera I have, and I have that exact same mini-tripod. :lol: I have a Powershot S30. That looks like a nasty dent you have just to the right of where it says S45 though.

zenon said:
^ That is practically the exact camera I have, and I have that exact same mini-tripod. :lol: I have a Powershot S30. That looks like a nasty dent you have just to the right of where it says S45 though.

Yep, it is nasty, but it didn't affect the camera working at all. It fell and jumped to some thick sand, so the final result is just that dent. It was more than a year ago. I absolutely love that camera, but I'm trying to sell it, though. Of course I would buy a S70 the next day... ;)

o i have a metal one, i'll post it later, i think u guys be quite impressed. plus it was like 10 HKD so like a buck fifty US, even lessi tihnk

btw... bihus... just curious... how did you get a pic of your Camera... lol... wanted to take one for the tech thread but then I realized I couldn't... lol :lol: :lol:

hehehehe
My photo for today, this one differs than all I've posted before cuz it was actually shot a few hours ago :)
What do you think?
Click for larger:

That pic is absolutely beautiful Voodoo - I've set it as my new desktop wallpaper, you clearly have a lot of talent.

I have a rather wacky pic for you guys today, I doubt any of you will like it, but I'm gonna post it anyway, so ner!

lf131hl.jpg

Currently Listening To: Rise - The Frames - The Roads Outgrown (2002)

@overheat: Thank you so much for the compliment, you guys boost my morale and keep me shooting and learning everyday! You've got a lot of talent yourself too, that's why your opinion matters a lot to me.
What's not to like about your pic? it's very cool.
Let's introduce something new to the thread. A small explanation for each photo about how it was taken. Some shoots do have a story behind them that makes them a lot deeper.

jasonchiu said:
o i have a metal one, i'll post it later, i think u guys be quite impressed. plus it was like 10 HKD so like a buck fifty US, even lessi tihnk
You're really obsessed with the prices of things, aren't you. :p Practically every post of yours has the price of something in HKD in it somewhere. :lol:

Guess what, I bought a can of Coke today. It cost me 1 CAD. :p