Lens Flair

you are a cool man :)
[snip]
********.png

Last edited:
^I really like the overall composition. Perfect timing!

So I'd rep you twice for your help on the other pic and that...but I can't give you anymore.

No need to rep me, I have way too much. But I very much appreciate the compliments, it really, REALLY means a lot to me. Essentially, I am throwing my art out for all to see, so like any artist I am very self conscious.

I have acquired a membership to the local arboretum, and I go every Saturday morning, so these pictures are the accumulation of that. I think this may be my theme for the year.
https://pic.armedcats.net/j/ja/jayhawk/2008/05/07/DSC_1944.jpg
To give you an idea how small the flowers are, they are surrounded by blades of grass.

Last edited:
Well, megapixels aren't a mark of quality, if that's what you are implying. And (This is only my opinion as a former owner of multiple Sony cameras), the T-series is not very good for high-quality, noise-free shots.

But, that said, the shot isn't that bad at all.

Wow, I didn't know that! So is there any thing I can do to get high quality shots that are noise-free? Or maybe use photoshop?

Wow, I didn't know that! So is there any thing I can do to get high quality shots that are noise-free? Or maybe use photoshop?
At least make sure you have a good lens. I have a smallish vid camera/camera that has 6 megapixels, but it's held back by a crap lens.

With the T-Series your biggest problem is noise... and as far as I've found the only way to combat that is to keep the ISO low (<= 200) and set exposures according to lighting situations in the manual menu (a little tedious, I know, but the automated exposure mode will set ISO higher which is bad for noise). And even then, you're pretty limited to high light environments with short exposures. Though, that shot you posted was actually better than I remember from the T9 that I used last year, so Sony must have been making improvements in their sensor designs which would allow you more flexibility than I had.

The T-series has no removeable lense so there's no way to get shots any clearer than they already are. And, since the manual focus on those cameras is a bit rubbish and slow, you are at the mercy of the AF. Unless you're shooting through glass, then you kinda have to set the manual focus.

Photoshop with Noise Ninja could reduce much of the noise in the shots. But to reduce noise you will inevitably loose a bit of clarity, it's a trade off but worth it most of the time. And you can use photoshop to mimic lense filters which does add some more emotion to the shots.

Hope that helps.

^ A real big thanks! :D I don't know what's ISO or exposure, but maybe Wikipedia will remedy that I hope ;) Will save it somewhere, thanks a lot! +rep!

I am posting because no one wants to post the last picture on a page.

:D