Lens Flair

Here's a couple of pics I took with my phone camera a couple of weeks ago, I think it turned out alright for someone who has no photography experience at all.

http://img509.imageshack.**/img509/5944/lgim0015ue7.jpg

Here's the second, which I stuffed up.

http://img160.imageshack.**/img160/9776/lgim0016sp3.jpg

(and obviously, I have no idea who the guy standing next to the train is)
I like them. Nice shots. Photographers need to go away from the idea that photos need to be technically perfect.

Alok: Like it, but too much vignetting to my mind. :)

Holy shit man, did that tyre let go? I think the pic is amazing, love the diagonal composition...the car looks pink though, is it?

On my S-PVA Panel set to Adobe RGB it looks pale red. I recently started PPing my photos with prints in mind, as a majority of my customers do exactly that, perhaps that could be why.

EDIT: And yea, these drifters on their practice sessions use up tyres until they pop.

You need to calibrate your screen and create a colour profile, it's not Adobe RGB.

You need to calibrate your screen and create a colour profile, it's not Adobe RGB.

No that's not what I meant, my screen has a colour setting, I do not know about what it does internally, but I've set it to Adobe RGB.

Is there some way I can calibrate my screen without buying that 280euro spider?

or you could just get an old top quality CRT for few bucks. I`ve got 21" DELL and i coudnt be more happy about the colors, didnt even calibrate it. But when i take a look at my photos at werk, where we use calibrated Barco, the photos dont really differ from what they look like at home.

another from bunga arm
our boat

DSCF8444copy.jpg

I really dig your camera phone shots, LeMans GTR :)

I have some relatively unexciting photos of the deck my boyfriend just built at his parent's house - I like the colours he used.

3203061845_0b11e34df8_b.jpg

3203916540_93dba3cbb4_b.jpg

or you could just get an old top quality CRT for few bucks. I`ve got 21" DELL and i coudnt be more happy about the colors, didnt even calibrate it. But when i take a look at my photos at werk, where we use calibrated Barco, the photos dont really differ from what they look like at home.

I would, but I recently "acquired" a 27inch Dell S-PVA monitor, not much space left on my table :p

LeMans GTR the first one is fantastic
What phone are you using? and how many megapixels?

LG Secret - 5MP

I like it more than the first :p

My opinion was the same as yours.........up until a few hours ago when I put it up on the computer and noticed how much blur there was.

I like them. Nice shots. Photographers need to go away from the idea that photos need to be technically perfect.

Alok: Like it, but too much vignetting to my mind. :)

I really dig your camera phone shots, LeMans GTR :)

I have some relatively unexciting photos of the deck my boyfriend just built at his parent's house - I like the colours he used.

Thankyou,thankyou!

Dont know if i've posted this already.

hvero2.jpg

One of your very best. :)

I love the exposure, the lines, the symmetri and the contrasts.

Well done!

Enough talk, more pics :p

I wished I'd framed this one a little better but, overall, I like it...

EDIT: re-upped with a bit more contrast and saturation.

http://img518.imageshack.**/img518/2775/20090115hudsonnewslj2.jpg

And, AshDav, I am loving those tropical island paradise photos you're posting ...keep 'em coming!

BTW, is PhyreFile b0rk3d for anyone else?

Last edited: