Lens Flair

"How to Watch TV News"? Seriously?

1. Sit your can down on a chair
2. Look at the TV

Really..... :p

epp_b: Seems a little red on my screen. Might just be me.
It must be you...you said that about my last shot as well ;)

Last edited:
"How to Watch TV News"? Seriously?

1. Sit your can down on a chair
2. Look at the TV

Really..... :p

Hahaha, I haven't peered inside yet, so I don't really know. Its for my Criticism of Modern Media class, shouldn't be that tough.

The problem is none of us have a calibrated screen. I keep postponing borrowing the software for mine. Why I have no idea. I'll try to get it this week. Can't tomorrow since we're at a studio, not at uni, then friday or saturday.

Hahaha, I haven't peered inside yet, so I don't really know. Its for my Criticism of Modern Media class, shouldn't be that tough.
Shouldn't be touch at all...I'm very good and criticizing modern media :p

Hahaha you've evidently already have by your original comment.

Its my LAST general education requirement, I'm hoping it will be a little bit more provocative than communications 101.

Sick shot napoleondyna, so sharp and clear!

Nothing on most of the photos here, but I really like this one.

Coke.jpg

You need to get your sensor cleaned.

I am aware of that. That photo does show up more marks that there actually are. The background was the rear of a poster, so it wasn't smooth and it wasn't flat - but the two marks directly above the can do say it is slightly dirty.

Oooh! Don't make me get my pipettes!

The problem is none of us have a calibrated screen. I keep postponing borrowing the software for mine. Why I have no idea. I'll try to get it this week. Can't tomorrow since we're at a studio, not at uni, then friday or saturday.
It's because you can't be bothered to neutralize your photos in PP. Neutralizing one shot's fun. It's games. It's eeeasy. Doing it with 30 photos in an hour is tireing.

:p

I use Lightroom and if the lighting situations were the same, there's an option of just creating a preset, selecting all the other 29 photos and clicking: develop using preset. Then you just inspect and correct where needed.

epp_b: I think it's more likely to be a bit oversaturated than your colours being off I've calibrated my screen with a Huey Pro so it should be quite accurate however some of the steps I had to do myself so please allow for human error :?.

*EDIT*

I did a quick edit so that the skin tones look more natural, I also got a bit carried away and did a few minor things too CLIKY I hope you don't mind but of course you can ask me to remove it at any time if you wish.

I really like this photograph by the way, it's a nice concept that captures the mood and general atmosphere of the scene well, good work :).

Last edited:
That's still very warm. If you check the snow with an eye dropper, all the areas that aren't completely white have a yellow or orange hue to them.

Also, it's slanted.

Last edited:
Nope, it's straight on... it's a hill ;)

Also, it was a relatively warm day today.

Last edited:
That "table thing" is a floating dock, so it's never really straight. It's just frozen in the ice however it was.

True, but seeing as it is the dominant object of the photograph, I think it would be more pleasing to the eye if it were oriented accordingly, no?

And it's still warm. ;) Just fork out a few tenners and buy that Huey pro thingy and calibrate your screen. Although... that might bring an end to your style, which I rather like.