Lens Flair

^Very nice photo ;)

3372440804_3e7ef36108.jpg

^ Oooooh, I like :D

Ok this isnt a new picture, was taken when I went to Madeira in the summer of 2007.
I will post this and use it as inspiration to get out to take some pictures again, been too long since I've really gone out to shoot (even tho I recently purchased a Nikon D300 .... ).

This picture was taken from the top of Madeira's third highest point, Pico Do Areiiro, just before the sun disappears behind the mountainrange.
http://img402.imageshack.**/img402/6958/sunsetpicodoarieirocropni6.jpg

Last edited:
^ The only thing I have to say about that is that the bokeh is a bit distracting for some reason. What lens did you use?

R33 Skyline.. and yes its a family skyline
They made Skylines in four-door models?

^Good one, i hope you enjoy Madeira... is a very nice portuguese island?s full of nice gardens and landscape spot?s ;)

Absolutely! We go there at least 2 weeks every year :)
This summer we are going 1 week to Lisboa and then 2 weeks to Madeira straight from Lisboa.
Hopefully I will come home with some great shots!

^ I went to Madeira for a week in 2006. That is indeed a very beautiful place. I wish I was into photography properly back then, but I didn't even have my now old PaS camera :p I loved the mountains, they were just breathtaking.

^ The only thing I have to say about that is that the bokeh is a bit distracting for some reason. What lens did you use?

They made Skylines in four-door models?

My Tamron 17-50mm. It was pretty low light, so F/2.8 at 50mm.

I like that kind of bokeh. It's very similar to what my 24mm Sigma makes. And I don't find it that distracting. This, on the other hand:

I've been trying to exlusively use my 50mm 1.8 this weekend and keeping it wide open all the time. As with before I found that AF doesn't seem to work with this lens, it focus fine but just doesn't look right. Manual focusing is really nice but I'm finding it a struggle to get my focus right with such a shallow depth of field. It's all part of the fun I guess :p.

https://pic.armedcats.net/d/dr/dr_q/2009/03/21/_DSC0007-Edit.jpg

There's not much he could have done about that, BG elements with multiple light points are very difficult to render pleasingly. Anything outside of a fast prime would have trouble smoothing that over.

I'm not quite sure which one Ice likes or dislikes, I find the way bokeh can look entirely different from one photo to the other rather confusing even at the same aperture. I quite like the depth of field on the photo I posted but I'm not so sure about the bokeh. As it's another day I may as well fill this thread with yet more of my photographic spammery.

https://pic.armedcats.net/d/dr/dr_q/2009/03/21/_DSC0036.jpg

I haven't really been out with my digital in 2 weeks, and now I'm sick as hell. Seeing all this stuff is both making me feel incredibly insecure about my ability (damn you guys are getting good), and anxious to get out and shoot.