Lens Flair

cool, lots of macro stuff lately :)
very nice picture speedtouch, what lense are you using ? like the fact that the bees are completly in focus

here's another one from the weekend
550797698_Z3fbZ-O.jpg

I think this came out quite well, but I'm not entirely sure... I do still love the lens though. It really does perform so much better than the kit lens.
2ilh8o5.jpg

What lens did you get?

I have the Sigma 17-70mm. It is so much better than the kit lens, and worth every penny of the ?250 I paid. The exif for that photo: 1/400, f8, @70mm, ISO200.

Last edited:
donthomaso, loving the shot... i need to buy myself a decent canon macro lens 1:1 preferably.

^ Lovely colours in that one :)

Macro is the flavor of the day and all of it is being done exceptionally well, kudos to you guys!

https://pic.armedcats.net/s/sh/shawn/2009/06/03/DSC_1037.jpg

Shame about the spider web under the closer valve... oh well, I wasn't prepared to clean it off for a better shot. :D

EF 50mm 1.8 II i assume, but i can be wrong because the "bokeh" seems a bit too nice for 1.8 with the cheapo 50mm. Could be 1.4?

Originally Posted by Adunaphel View Post
Critics, please?

Very Eugene Smith. It's a simple shot, light into dark, unknown path, nice texture, good corners and edges (nothing untidy.) IMHO, sometimes simple is better. It has a very "uncluttered" feel to me, which I like. Might be a bit soft but the textures works to hold it. Might even make a nice black and white with the texture. All IMHO, of course.

Mine for the day...

3591506963_e4beec65ca.jpg

I'll be showing some of my textural experiments in Austin sometime in July at the Austin Art Space Gallery. Kind if excited because it's a local show (I get to go and drink!) in a place that shows mostly paintings (my photos work better in shows with a lot of paintings for some reason.)

EF 50mm 1.8 II i assume, but i can be wrong because the "bokeh" seems a bit too nice for 1.8 with the cheapo 50mm. Could be 1.4?

Thats what i was thinking, the bokeh is very nice for the 50mm f1.8.