Lens Flair

I still haven't run out of shots from when I went to Iceland in April.

What say you? I'm not really a fan of this one for some reason.

Definetly keep posting them, i love seeing what foreigners like about Iceland.

As for that particular shot, it's definetly soft, either from too much cropping, soft lens or tiny bit of camera shake. But subject is cool.

Here's my flower of the day...

3599707523_8aa0bc1d73_o.jpg

Reactions: Jay
Thanks, donthomaso. Nice flower, too :)

TopGearDog, why the heck aren't you doing landscapes? :p

Last edited:
Definetly keep posting them, i love seeing what foreigners like about Iceland.

As for that particular shot, it's definetly soft, either from too much cropping, soft lens or tiny bit of camera shake. But subject is cool.
I love the place. I only spent 6 days there which is not enough IMO.
As for the shot, that was the day we arrived, so I was mainly trying not to freeze my arse off! It was taken with the 18-70 kit lens, which could explain a bit, plus I had very little technical knowledge or experience then.

Those flowers look ace! I'd definitely like to see some landscape shots, as well!

Something I took in London yesterday.

2pzwr3o.jpg

Edit2: Thanks V you two. Much better now :p

Last edited:
Sounds like the old embedded colour profiles conundrum has popped up again. There's been a couple threads about it, and I'm guessing it is what your problem is. Basically it's that the browser is ignoring the embedded profile or something like that.

Did you convert to sRGB? Web browsers can't display anything but that, so if it's saved as AdobeRGB, the colours will be off. In photoshop, go: edit --> convert to profile --> sRGB, intention: perceptual.

Last edited:
Yup, the alignment and perspective needs a bit of work. Other than that, very interesting lines and lighting.

Smoke, you should've kept that one for the "wet" contest -- I'd have voted for it! :eek:

Last edited: