Lens Flair

IMG_6148.jpg

Nice use of flash, Sifu.

:)

thanks nomix, and as exif says it was 50mm lens, m42 one to be exact and aperture is all wrong.. It somehow interprets my m42 lenses as 50mm.

kb1zme.jpg

Yes, this was done entirely on PP - the original was a bland meh photo. I kinda like it.

*Waits patiently for criticism killing*

Half the work you do with a photo is in post. As long as you haven't photoshopped him into a shot of the background, you've done nothing wrong.

I like it a lot. It's moody.

Half the work you do with a photo is in post. As long as you haven't photoshopped him into a shot of the background, you've done nothing wrong.

:nod:

3938524073_ab220c9e21_o.jpg

What are you looking at?

I was waiting for nom to chip in with that ;)

But, yes, what you have in the camera is only half the work done. I will sometimes purposely over or under exposed in-camera with the intention to adjust it later for effect (for example, if I want highlights are blow into nothingness or shadows to disappear).

And, yes, nice photo. It looks "cool" :cool:

I was waiting for nom to chip in with that ;)

But, yes, what you have in the camera is only half the work done. I will sometimes purposely over or under exposed in-camera with the intention to adjust it later for effect (for example, if I want highlights are blow into nothingness or shadows to disappear).

And, yes, nice photo. It looks "cool" :cool:

Indeed. I once posted a photo in a debate to explain what were actually available from a RAW file. The original photo was exposed to keep as much information as possible, and therefore it was a grey blurb. I used my considerable :)lol:) photoshop skills to gather the information that was available in the RAW file, and made it into a photo where I got both the foreground (3 stops under exposed) and the sky (half a stop over exposed) to work very well.

The comment I got proved how far off some people are, when some witty guy exclaimed "The original photo is all wrong, and the final result is ugly". So what? What I did was to prove the point of the RAW file. That guy did not get it.

Found this on my car today. The strange thing is that it isn't the first time...

mantis.jpg

They must like red. Or RX7's.
C&C welcome.

Check out the eyes on these things... I had one on my sidewalk 3-4 days ago and took these. First two are 135L with a 12mm tube. Last two are an old Vivitar Series 1 70-210. Bokeh is weird on that thing.

3935230260_47ba033242_b.jpg

3935229614_e12642acdf_b.jpg

3934446205_65d3e67fbd_b.jpg

3935229070_5f62f82af4_b.jpg