Lens Flair

14/2.8. What, you think we can't read EXIF, or what? :p

...and we still want to know what it is that you do that earns you enough money to afford $12,000 lenses ;)

EDIT: Just for fun, you should borrow an Olympus and Oly->EOS adapter, then mount your 800mm :lol:

Last edited:
14/2.8. What, you think we can't read EXIF, or what? :p

...and we still want to know what it is that you do that earns you enough money to afford $12,000 lenses ;)

EDIT: Just for fun, you should borrow an Olympus and Oly->EOS adapter, then mount your 800mm :lol:

that's the mark 2 which i got in conjunction with the other 2 long lenses. :)

also got this too cause the 50/1.2L is junk and the 50/1.4 is old.

3112896123_e02d70e6e0_o.jpg

I'll keep the Oly in mind if I decide to add another system but priority #1 getting 6 more lenses and pro bodies come the refresh next year.

50/1.2 is junk. You have a $12k 800mm lens. You're buying six more. And more bodies.

the_filipinos_join_the_family_tshirt-p235757444011203599t5tr_400.jpg
50/1.2 is junk because it can't focus for shit.

That t-shirt isn't too far from the truth (not me but how Philippine society is run). All the major industries here are run by families.

I am able to afford my junk cause I work smart. :) Not drink, buy stupid shit, not do drugs (including pot) and generally being all there. I also do not owe anyone favors. Also helps that I am still single. ;)

So long as those 6 lenses turn mark 2s I'll get them. I'd like to see a lighter 500 when I feel lazy carrying the light 800. It is light as compared to the 400/2.8 and the 600. Though it appears that the 600 is the mainstay of F1 race lenses.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I call this one "When was the last time you got so bored at work you thought you'd test out the new MFDs by scanning your hand?"

https://pic.armedcats.net/e/ed/eddysdaman/2009/09/28/VISI_Utility1-Canon-iRC2550i_0108_001.jpg

You can't get adapters for electrical mounts. :p

evoWALO, out of interest why did you choose that over the 50mm f/2 Makro-Planar? I know you went for the faster lens but the other lens has quite a bit more versatility. It is a lot more expensive though!

evoWALO, out of interest why did you choose that over the 50mm f/2 Makro-Planar? I know you went for the faster lens but the other lens has quite a bit more versatility. It is a lot more expensive though!

ZE mount

- has focus confirmation
- electronically controlled aperture
- no more adapters
- newest 50 on the market

At the time of purchase Sigma came out with its own 50 but after my experience with the Sigma 170-500, never again. I recognize Sigma's affordability as its sole grace.

I may get another Zeiss in the future but it must have an AF motor as well. This is not to say the 50 is rubbish but it is a timesinker.

The Siggy 50/1.4 is one of the sharpest 50/1.4s on the market, if we're talking wide open. A little less performance stopped down a few stops shouldn't matter all that much in comparison.. :)

Also when buying a lens you don't base it solely on "sharpness" but also on MTF charts as well. Is it designed and rated to be high definition from center to edge at different openings. When you're pushing more pixels per mm on an annual basis you want a lens that'll be good for at least a decade or two.

ZE mount

- has focus confirmation
- electronically controlled aperture
- no more adapters
- newest 50 on the market

I may get another Zeiss in the future but it must have an AF motor as well. This is not to say the 50 is rubbish but it is a timesinker.

Ah I forgot about the mounts. I don't know if Zeiss actually make any lenses with AF motors that aren't made for Sony DSLRs (I may be wildly wrong). I'm still lusting after one of their macro lenses, I think that's the only area where the lack of AF wouldn't bother me at all.

They make some fantastic wideangle(ish) primes but some are notoriously hard to focus. It sort of takes the point away from having a fantastic performing lens if you can't manage to easily focus it :lol:.