Lens Flair

cosworth this is the one you want!!

ef24-70_28lu_586x225.jpg

Would you believe one of my mates found something similar to that, we checked the retail of it and it was something like $2k Aussie dollars :shock: But he was honest and handed it into the local police station ... fool.

I won the bid, ?70 inc P&P :D

Right, well... as you may or may not know I was away for a couple of weeks, so missed out on quite a few pages. I've finally caught up and have to say, there have been lots of amazing photographs!
Anyway, I was in Egypt and took some photos. Well, lots. But not all of them are great of course, and typically for me I missed out (or lost - an annoying story involving accidentally erasing a card...) on some photos.
I took too many photos too put in this thread so when (if) I get 'round to sorting them out, I'll stick them up in a separate thread or something.

My Dad's got an EOS 350D which is very nice. A bit of a step up from my film EOS! (I should really start using that again or replace it)
He doesn't have great glass, and it seems something on the camera was dirty as I've got blobs on all photos (though not always greatly visible). Again, annoying.
I got to use the 350D loads during the holiday (my Dad lives in Egypt so this is a rare opportunity for me) and I had to share my Olympus compact cam with my Sis when my Dad was using the camera.
We tried to use RAW when we could but ran out of memory fast as a computer was not always handy so most of the shots were taken in JPEG unfortunately. But the photos still look nice (imo), certainly colour-wise. And I've not done any touching up yet (probably won't).

Anyway, first pic is of a sunset at Luxor. I got some really nice photos of this sunset - and this one isn't my favourite, but the only one I've got handy right now on this computer... hope you enjoy.

bone said:
whoster said:
best part....no post-processing.

my goal of the year is to minimize post-processing

:thumbsup:

all that photoshopping is faking your pictures imho
they all come out nice if you put some time in it

you my friend are entirely uneducated
photography is an art
not a exact representation
beauty is the goal
not exact replication

Hello gang,

You guys are making me jealous with your fancy SLRs and fancy lenses.

Well I'm in Chicago and i figure i must post something to make up for the "point and click" photographers like me.

http://img492.imageshack.**/img492/7212/chicagopanopssig4ap.jpg

Click for a 3100x1244 version.
I dont konw how to clean up the specks of the bigger size picture.

^^ That is fucking amazing !!!! :shock: :shock: :D :D

Couldn't agree with isaacaiken more, If a film photographer burns his print is he faking his image ? No, post processing is a vital part of photography

Well there is some... LIGHT post processing that i agree with. But there are others that saturate everything that i think are digusting. Photograph to me is trying to take a picture of what the photographer saw at the time.

isaacaiken said:
bone said:
whoster said:
best part....no post-processing.

my goal of the year is to minimize post-processing

:thumbsup:

all that photoshopping is faking your pictures imho
they all come out nice if you put some time in it

you my friend are entirely uneducated
photography is an art
not a exact representation
beauty is the goal
not exact replication

well, i don't have high impression of "art"
everything which doesn't look like it should is art these days

and putting time in your choreography, setup, filters, ... is much more art than sitting behind a desk and making some mouse gestures :roll:

hence my goal to minimize post-process.

the shots i post-process the most are landscapes--to bring out colors and remove haze/ etc...but picking shots carefully and taking my time to setup correctly reduces the need to post-process through photoshop. that's my goal.

prod05.jpg

axlxa and monkeymax - those are some top shots you've got there. Clich?d subjects, but so well executed, most would still find themselves reluctantly picking their jaws from the ground.

Overheat said:
axlxa and monkeymax - those are some top shots you've got there. Clich?d subjects, but so well executed, most would still find themselves reluctantly picking their jaws from the ground.

Thanks for the compliment Overheat!

Whoster and AxlxA - again, some very sweet shots! (A somewhat better pic of a Manfrotto Monopod (if that's what it is) than the one I did a while back)

Another one from Egypt. I was going to put up another sunset shot but thought I'd put up something different. Then remembered this one and thought it's quite funny - conspiracy theories anyone? :)

It's not a great shot, but I like the subject...

(As usual, click on it for a larger version.)

This was taken at Karnak Temple in Luxor. Again, with the borrowed 350D with the sensor dust. :(