Lens Flair

000020480006_###.jpg

I've just had my first roll of film developed and scanned. This is not the best photo I've ever took, far from it, but there's some charm to it, at least in my eyes. The rest of the pictures mostly turned out even worse than this, but hey, it's the first time I've even tried film photography!

Shot with my uncle's Canon A-1, on a roll of Kodak Gold 200 135-36.

I
View attachment 3568784

I've just had my first roll of film developed and scanned. This is not the best photo I've ever took, far from it, but there's some charm to it, at least in my eyes. The rest of the pictures mostly turned out even worse than this, but hey, it's the first time I've even tried film photography!

t's really weird to see modern cars with film. Where's the photos of our parents at the honeymoon?

Film is loads of fun, enjoy!

I only got one good photo from my walk on Saturday, but I'm particularly happy with it.

Last edited:
B2A48F07-2585-41A8-925E-4E6C1B8FC533.jpeg

I like where I live because half the town is on a hill, so you get a great view of the region. The apartment should be burned down.

A swan, in a rapeseed field. I repeat, a swan in a rapeseed field. Took this last weekend, I plan to enter it into a nature photography competition so it may disappear later in the year.

One of them touristy spots for furrin tourishts.

SZhBrJ2.jpg

Neuschwanstein. I still haven’t been there. Also, I don’t care that’s not original to some rich family fighting over land like the rest. It’s pretty.

One that @Redliner may like. I went to a local forest yesterday for bird photography but instead of birds I got lots of opportunities to photograph butterflies. I've never seen so many before.

This is a superb Peacock butterfly but I also saw lots of Red Admirals, Commas, Meadow Browns and Painted Lady flutterbys.

I need to clean the lens apparently.

Red kite from about a month ago, I just keep forgetting to post it. Definitely my best red kite picture so far.

Last edited:
DSC_0233.jpg

Zagreb's public transportation company had open days during the past weekend, allowing visitors to see the insides of tram depot, workshop, and sit in cockpits of trams and buses. Not drive them, though. :D

On my way there, I caught a tram in which there were also some members of the company's orchestra. At one point, they started playing some songs in the tram, so I took the opportunity to take a picture. I had the 35mm prime already mounted on the camera's body, so I took it out of my bag and took a few pics. This is my favorite.

It's not the best picture, as I didn't realize I left ISO on 640, resulting in a slightly grainy pic, and now that I take a second look, I didn't frame the picture so you can see the whole trumpet, but overall, I kinda like the picture. I rarely take pictures of people, even less so candid pictures (even if I've been thinking of getting into street photography), but this one turned okay, I think. Since it wasn't a subject I usually take, and since it took some getting out of the comfort zone, I call it a success.

Apparently 2023 really is the year of butterfly pictures, not what I would have expected. After not seeing any birds to photograph while out walking last weekend I put on the macro tubes, sat down and got some mini beasts like this Small White.

As much as I like the bee in the shot, I didn't feel like it quite did the butterfly justice. So I'm breaking the rules here.

As you can see, at 700mm with the tubes the depth-of-field is really quite shallow, even at f/14.

Last edited: