Lens Flair

It looks much better on the print, the scan did not come out well and some of the colors were lost. I took several, I'll try to find one that looks better.

honest opinion?
this is one of my favorite shots I took while on the boat last weekend. I'm a bit tainted because I like how it shows nearly every aspect of Tacoma (old downtown, new downtown, remaining waterfront warehouses, waterways, the bay, bridges, residential area in the hills, the port, etc.).

please click image for larger resolution.. detail gets lost pretty easily with gallery's resizing.

Took a trip to Washington DC. Best part was the Jefferson memorial.

88703297-L.jpg

88703490-L.jpg

1 shot per day, Iben. :p Nice photos though.

IMG_1893.jpg

And rootrider, that last shot of yours is nice, although I like the previous harbour one you posted better. The light isn't that great in the latest one, and there's a lot of empty space in the shot. (Sea and sky) Maybe taking several shots at greater zoom, then turning them into a panorama, focusing on the land? Just my opinion though.

indeed.. a three shot or so panorama would be nice. I was on a moving boat and was making do as best I could. I'm sure I'll have an opportunity to make it out there again.. if not this year then next :D

Maybe that's why the shot appeals to me so much though... I don't think I've ever seen this view of the city in photos. It's not anything you can see from anywhere on land, and apparently not many photographers go out on a boat to take photos of the city around here.

lben said:
Took a trip to Washington DC. Best part was the Jefferson memorial.

The first one appeals to me a little more. I like 'em though. Relatively unique shot from DC if you ask me :thumbsup:

Meanwhile, I set my roommate on fire :D
One exposure, no photoshop

IMG_1730_resize.JPG

I like it. Looks like the GTI has one eye cocked in suspicion.

rootrider said:
there are so many things wrong with this photo.. but I like it anyway :)

I think you would get away with it, apart from the yellow sign in the background.

On another note, whos gonna be at the D1 round 4 tomorrow at Silverstone? I'll be there (with my new telephoto lens and camera filled rucksack), gimme a shout if ya see me!

First try with the new camera, be gentle. :)
http://img301.imageshack.**/img301/9967/dsc0019zs6.jpg

Some local girl, in traditional kimono, playing with her boyfriend at the Senso-ji temple, Tokyo

sm_DSC01766.jpg

Our hike today. Not a bad pic, considering I took it with one hand while the wind was trying to kill my umbrella.

http://img116.imageshack.**/img116/7518/wetwalknu6.jpg

It was nice (=dry) when we started :p We cut the hike short after about half a mile after the pic was taken.

EDIT: I was answering Bone. Where'd his post go?