Lens Flair

Woo 300! (Well, 301 now, damnit!)

And now for a picture taken through a modified photocopier lens! Check out the corner-to-corner sharpness! :lol:

nightforestsml.jpg

And that's on a 1.6x crop factor sensor? :lol:

v0od0o said:
And that's on a 1.6x crop factor sensor? :lol:

Yeah, but that viginetting is from a big metal lip on the front of the lens that I need to machine off! I had to remove one of the lens elements to get the effect I wanted.

Here's another pic from Leeds Fest, though you can barely tell tbh

http://img390.imageshack.**/img390/9865/randomphotos012yo8.jpg

It was taken through my ?1.99 shades! yay :D

Technically it's another day... though it's not 24 hours later... is that ok?

Paul Tracy wearing the Quebec flag as a cape. He wasn't liked too much in Montreal this past weekend. But not because of the cape, but I'm sure it didn't help.

:lol: @ jayhawk :thumbsup:

Keeping it cool:
rad%EDr2.jpg

rootrider said:
mmm.. I really think f/4 is a good aperture to use for shots like this. Great job!
Depends on your focal length. Remember that DOF depends on aperture, focal length, and distance from your subject. That's what keeps photography interesting :)

And whoster, that's a really cool one. Did you try it in black and white?

v0od0o said:
rootrider said:
Depends on your focal length. Remember that DOF depends on aperture, focal length, and distance from your subject. That's what keeps photography interesting :)

indeed.. but he's shooting at 300mm here, and I would do the same at 70mm and still enjoy the dof at f/4, in relation to that focal length, when shooting shots like shadowness' here.

Granted, it means something a lot different at wider angles.

Thanks for the comments for that mini photo, heres just one more from the same shoot.
I love this sigma lens, the f4 apeture really creates some nice DOF.
65027697.QTOG08Q7.DSC_7332.jpg

P.S Great shot Whoster, very appropriate just as summers pretty much finished here in the UK!! :thumbsdown: