Let's have a race! (This Sat, April 18th) Demo racers Join!

Ok, two (2) demo servers are set up for you all to try both types of cars. [FG] Racing Demo is setup as 10 laps with the XFG+XRG and [FG] Racing Demo 2 is setup as 12 laps with the FBM. Both are connected to our custom InSim application to extend the functionality of our servers. Check them both out, drive both cars, and come back here and vote for which you want in geeman's race.

How do I find the server? It keeps saying ConnectionFailed when I enter "[FG] Racing Demo 2" as the host name.

Last edited:
If it doesn't work by directly inputting the name, try to just use the listing of servers, also with empty turned on, just in case. Failing that, I'm not sure. It also could be the distance from you to the server, as the server is in the US.

Tried the FBM out today, a bit rusty because I haven't played LFS for a little while but I'm getting 1:18s. I remember I was always a good 4-5 seconds behind the front runners back when we did proper races.

I assume we don't have to be demo racers to enter? 'Cos that would be daft. :roll:

If it doesn't work by directly inputting the name, try to just use the listing of servers, also with empty turned on, just in case. Failing that, I'm not sure. It also could be the distance from you to the server, as the server is in the US.

I'm in the states as well. CA to be precise.

temp3.jpg

That's all I can see from the "[" section, where [FG] Racing Demo 2 should be.

temp4-1.jpg

Last edited:
I think we should start setting up the date. Should we have the race on already on the 18th? Or would 25th be a better day?

Also I might have a thing I have to do one of these coming saturdays though, unfortunently I don't know which one yet.

18th should be great, provided that I can join the server : p

sigh*

still can't join the FG server.

Does anyone have the IP?

You can try and ping it I suppose: 67.159.44.28.
But you can't type the IP in to connect to the server.

Just a quick list who are trying to participate on saturday:
Geeman,Luca, Loz, Madcow, Archie, Matt, Me, (MXM)
syncview, do you have a LFS Demo license?

I guess we do a few 10/15 minute races. XFG/XRG races and switch to FBM ?
What about the time? use the standard FG time? (18:00 GMT that is)

Last edited:
I want to be there too. I'm going to be working this weekend but If I'm home by then, I'll be in. Let's have many of those 10 - 15min races!

Someone should take on the task of getting more people from the forums into LFS. I'm sure there'll be plenty of folks who haven't played it yet or maybe are under the impression that NFS and GRID are the greatest simulations ever! :p

Hei all :)

If I'm home in weekend, I will be joining also.
Hopefully I don't forget :p
how's your wheel? :mrgreen:

Someone should take on the task of getting more people from the forums into LFS. I'm sure there'll be plenty of folks who haven't played it yet or maybe are under the impression that NFS and GRID are the greatest simulations ever! :p
Are you applying for the job? ;)(you got it):p
Servers are not passworded but they will at race day: password would be "fg" or "finalgear" or "viper" dunno yet :mrgreen:

Last edited:
18th is good for me, I'll be there. :)

Alright, I've made this thread sticky and we're gonna race on the 18th.

If you are interested in racing with us, download Live For Speed from http://www.lfs.net, Create a demo account or better buy a S2 account.

I'm missing a few old racers, Espn, mgkdk (the moving chicane :p), greameh. :) Sorry if i missed a few...

I might also race :D

* Installs LFS as quickly as possible *

Time and Cars ?

This saturday 18th at 18:00 GMT
I think we will switch cars half way? first a few races with the XFG and XRG and then FBM. But that can be seen on race day, and see what people want on the server.