Let's have a race! (This Sat, April 18th) Demo racers Join!

I'll need to sort out my install since its been AGES since I've played, but I could be able to join

not saying I'll be any good though...

:) We will give some extra weight to a few uber fast drivers like Burnsy :mrgreen:

And you. :p

I like the idea of switching cars though, would add a bit of variety. I'll be using the old FG skin too (black over white and orange). :)

Just a quick list who are trying to participate on saturday:
Geeman,Luca, Loz, Madcow, Archie, Matt, Me, (MXM)
syncview, do you have a LFS Demo license?

I guess we do a few 10/15 minute races. XFG/XRG races and switch to FBM ?
What about the time? use the standard FG time? (18:00 GMT that is)

I can join and play on the demo servers, so that means yes?
I'm only a fine driver, not too fast, I believe I have good car control but don't have the sense of the art of racing.. So I'm not fast..

And my ping would be 200+ ms.. since I live in Pakistan. But I'll still try to come and play :D

I just converted the time and found out that its going to be 11.30PM....:(
Thats going to a bit tough...
I dont think you will bump it a bit early on one persons request would you? :(

I will definetely be here for the race. Since it's F1 & WRC weekend, I will available.

Problem is that I still can't join the FG demo server.

Then your next option is to ping the IP I put above. If you can ping it fine, it's your ISP blocking the ports used for LFS, if you can't, it may still be an ISP issue, but not sure what that'd be. Or it's something to do with the Jaguar server, and I'll contact Quiky if your ISP says nothing is wrong.

I should be able to join, so count me in as well...

/reserves last-place spot...

Count me in! I haven't played in years, but I'll download the demo tonight and have some practice.

I just hope I will be able to connect through my campus connection (the bastards have filtered a lot of ports).

I will definetely be here for the race. Since it's F1 & WRC weekend, I will available.

Problem is that I still can't join the FG demo server.
Could you try again? I'm on the server right now. (edit: not anymore)

Demo has 15 spots right? If we exceed 15 people on raceday we have to add the others on a waiting list :(

Last edited:
Im not entirely sure i can make it, my LFS is severely playing up. My computer locks up when i try to load up the server list sometimes. Forces a PC restart. Im not sure if its a conflict with my Antivirus, i never had Antivirus on my old PC and it worked fine.

It may also be a conflict with some of the stuff in my PC, i have no idea though.

Demo has 15 spots right? If we exceed 15 people on raceday we have to add the others on a waiting list :(
Only 12 people can play, 15 people can join the server.
There is probably few no-shows anyway. Also if it happens that there are more than 12 people, we can divide people to our two servers?

Please try and add a qualifying session. We don't want a massive chaos in T1 where everyone crash into each other.

Please try and add a qualifying session. We don't want a massive chaos in T1 where everyone crash into each other.
We will have qualifying session first and then subsequent races will start in the order (or reverse order) the last race ended.

I've made an FG skin for the FBM, not quite done yet but let me know if you want it. I'll remove the numbers because I don't have the mask like the originals (might adjust it tomorrow)

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp31/UKmatt2000/FGFBMskin.jpg

Looks great, if you have it in 1680x1050, I'll race with it : )

So what are the schedue for the race event??

I'll be participating in all the race events, regardless single seater or crap FF cars : )

And which track are we using? Blackwood GP and reverse? or other demo tracks?

Last edited:
Looks great, if you have it in 1680x1050, I'll race with it : )
Skins are square shaped, they are 1024x1024 usually.
So what are the schedue for the race event??
Let's see how popular this even will really be and then we can start thinking about more events.
And which track are we using? Blackwood GP and reverse? or other demo tracks?
There is only Blackwood GP and Rallycross in forward direction in demo iirc. We'll use the regular GP for this one.