Let's have a race! (This Sat, April 18th) Demo racers Join!

geeman

suomiface
Car(s)
Toyota Corolla,Chevrolet Corvette,Alfa Romeo Mito
Hello racers!

So I have been racing in LFS a bit lately. It's still fun as it ever was!
That got me thinking how about if we have a FG race again?
Maybe start small, like having a 'demo' race with FBM in Blackwood for example. Just a one off race for now.

The races have usually been on saturday evenings (GMT), but we can discuss the timing after we know who is coming.

Anyway, make your interest known in this thread and let's get this done :)

The race is on 18th of April, starting at around 18:00 GMT. We will have a few of 10-15 min races with XFG/XRG and FBM.

Server: [FG] Racing Demo
Password: Finalgear

Last edited:
The last time I tried to organize a demo series, let alone a race, on here, nobody showed up. I'd be all for it, but I'll let someone else organize the races. We still have our LFS server given to us by Viper/Quiky, so that's taken care of. Just getting the racers will be the hard part.

We don't really need to have a series or anything like that. Just a one off race where anyone can join and there is no pressure of having to join a series.

Maybe after the race if there seems to be a lot of interest we can start thinking about more serious, league races.

It worked for the photoshop contests, so why not. :)

Well, got a few going here :). Make a date for it and start spreading it around. Like I said, I'll be there if I can.

^ there's where a lot of (but not all) of the problem is, the time diff. I'd love to join in but if you peoples are gonna be racing on let's say saturday night, it's early sunday morning here.

I'm not getting up early on sunday, bugger that

I'm a useless driver anywho so wouldn't win any way

Last edited:
im up for a formula bmw race, since i dont have the full game.

i should be available on the weekends. we need at least 4 drivers to make it even remotely interesting.

Last edited:
I wouldn't mind racing.

Personally, i have been going off LFS a little bit due to all the FBM/Demo/Blackwood servers. Its sad to see that the F08 has been left out :( (My favourite car).

I can only join a demo server.

Im up for it!!
Uh can anyone calculate what "saturday evenings (GMT)" in Sri lanka (Near India)

^ there's where a lot of (but not all) of the problem is, the time diff. I'd love to join in but if you peoples are gonna be racing on let's say saturday night, it's early sunday morning here.

I'm not getting up early on sunday, bugger that

I'm a useless driver anywho so wouldn't win any way

Our old racing time back when we had enough drivers to form a team, was I think 1800 UTC. Of course, it all depends, but I'm sure we all could formulate a time that would be suitable for everybody to be able to race.

We'll start with a time range. 1600 UTC to 2200 UTC. While voting for the car that they want to race with in this thread, vote for the time that you want the event to start as well.

Yeah. Time zones are always a bit of hassle, but I am sure we can work out something that most people can do.

As for the car. I was thinking FBM initially because it seems to be quite popular so most people should be familiar with it. It's quite easy car to drive too.

yup. FBM is the perfect choice, since all the other demo cars are too slow to have a proper race.

Timing shouldn't be a problem for me, since I'm off during the weekends.

Ok, two (2) demo servers are set up for you all to try both types of cars. [FG] Racing Demo is setup as 10 laps with the XFG+XRG and [FG] Racing Demo 2 is setup as 12 laps with the FBM. Both are connected to our custom InSim application to extend the functionality of our servers. Check them both out, drive both cars, and come back here and vote for which you want in geeman's race.

I like the servers. Especially the Stig :lol:
Both of them are not bad. Maybe we can have one XRG and one FBM race :p
But shouldnt the server should be password protected?

I like the servers. Especially the Stig :lol:
Both of them are not bad. Maybe we can have one XRG and one FBM race :p
But shouldnt the server should be password protected?

Not yet, they will for the organized race.

What are the IPs of the servers?

That's not how you connect to the servers. Look them up in the multiplayer list.