Let's Have Our Own GT5 Academy, LFS Style

Yay, I don't know how I fixed it, but I turned the wheel on this afternoon and I had full throttle!

Time: 1:26.79 for now. I'm convinced the ABS is slowing me down.

http://img97.imageshack.**/img97/650/lfshotlapbl112679.jpg

^^^

Hmmm...

Your fastest lap appears to be invalid, so I'm going to add your fastest valid lap: 1:27.69.

Ability to setup a car is a part of motor racing, so I think setting up the car should be allowed.

Nevertheless my time with standard "hard track" setting is 1:27.04.

Yes, but I want to have a fair competition by having everyone drive the same car, just like the GT5 Academy demo.

Last edited:
Uh, no, it clearly states that lap 2 was invalid.

No, the "Best Time" shown on the screenshot would only be there if the lap was HLVC valid, so, that time is correct. It's saying invalid right now because when he was taking the screenshot, he probably hit the wall and/or it recorded that he was 2+ wheels off the track (as you can see he's parked up on the barrier.

I really should setup a FG LFS server with airio to do this instead of having to post the screenshots. Airio will check your lap and disallow it if it isn't valid and will record otherwise and anybody on there can find the top times run on the server. Plus, you all could jump on it anytime to organize races. A bit later tonight I'll work on that.

I pulled the handbrake after I crossed the line and crashed, something I always do. I assure you the lap is valid. But if my word is not enough then I will gladly do it again, though it appears my throttle is broken again. I think it's a faulty cable or something. If it starts working again I'll give it another go. I'm absolutely sure that I can do 5 tenths more, and I'm very sure the car has a 1:25 in it.

Last edited:
The time in brackets shows the fastest valid hotlap time, which was 1:26.79 on lap 2.

But you could pack your shots a bit for crying out loud, 1098.4 KB pictures are not cool m'kay? :cool:

Last edited:
Well, I can't put up the server as of yet, as FG is still in the process of moving to the new server, but when it's ready, I'll put up a server for you guys.

I pulled the handbrake after I crossed the line and crashed, something I always do. I assure you the lap is valid. But if my word is not enough then I will gladly do it again, though it appears my throttle is broken again. I think it's a faulty cable or something. If it starts working again I'll give it another go. I'm absolutely sure that I can do 5 tenths more, and I'm very sure the car has a 1:25 in it.

I'm still not convinced. :p

You took the screen shot on lap 6 (spinning off on purpose), but it still says your fastest lap (lap 2) was invalid.

Try harder and you'll set an even faster time, but take a screen shot that clearly shows your fastest VALID lap. I take my screen shots from the replay, so watch your replay and take a screen screen shot of your car just after crossing the finish line and your fastest lap will be shown in the middle of the screen in large numbers.

Upload the the hotlap to LFSworld, for validation and you have a start of the setup check there as well. Hotlap are processed by the hotlap analyser which creates and raf file, to see lines, throttle and brake information. Basic setup info aswell to check if the setup used was the 'hard track' :)

Check it yourself in game.
The upper right corner always shows the fastest valid lap.

The invalid lap thing means the current lap is invalid.

You took the screen shot on lap 6 (spinning off on purpose), but it still says your fastest lap (lap 2) was invalid.

It doesn't say that. If you don't believe it, you can test it with your own replay. It will show the best valid time and lap in brackets trough the whole replay.

1:26.80 with hard track setup. Really hate that setup :lol:.

Attachments

• 12680.JPG
    12680.JPG
    7.7 KB · Views: 136
Ok, I'm convinced now after trying it myself. Sorry for doubting you MadCat. :)

Try harder and you'll set an even faster time, but take a screen shot that clearly shows your fastest VALID lap. I take my screen shots from the replay, so watch your replay and take a screen screen shot of your car just after crossing the finish line and your fastest lap will be shown in the middle of the screen in large numbers.

FINE. :p

http://img684.imageshack.**/img684/7470/lfshotlapbl112639.jpg

Happeh? Ladamaha too?

EDIT: LOL me fail for not reading all the replies.

Last edited:
Ok time to end my break from LFS, here's a lap:

Attachments

• lap.jpg
    lap.jpg
    427.3 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
bleh.. no Formula BMW?